The Firearms Forum banner

Here's my new .357 ........

3K views 20 replies 12 participants last post by  bestseller92 
#1 ·
Went to the gun show here this weekend, and couldn't resist picking up this Taurus model 605 in Titanium.

5 shot .357.

Very light weight. I'll probably only carry .38+P for defense, as I imagine that the .357 rounds will be quite jolting.

This is my first revolver. Can't wait to take it to the range and try it out. Maybe tomorrow.

Attachments

See less See more
G
#2 · (Edited)
Really nice, may I suggest as it's your first revolver you start with .38 specials, they are going to be more gentle while you get used to the different hand positions required. Try some slow, single action so you know where they are going, then some steady double action, just till your used to it.

Revolvers can be a lot of fun, and that one looks like one I'd be pleased to own. :)

Just an afterthough, you may want to get used to wrapping the pinky finger on the firing hand under the grip. Helps with spacing the other fingers.

#4 ·
Yep, .38s for sure. It shouldn't jump around much with those. Very different feel from the autos i have.

But, it was such a beauty, and at $375, I couldn't pass it up. Been wanting one for a while.

#9 ·
I have the same piece except that mine isnt Titanium. Paid the same price though. My wife has the .38 Sp. with the hidden hammer in Titanium but was around $400. I was told that the Titanium framed guns were no longer available. Anyhows, it is a nice piece that shoots well and is a great carry gun. Just wish mine was a Titanium .357. With .357's it is a wrist breaker!

#11 ·
In my other post I alluded to the fact that it is a wrist breaker, but then, I also like to shoot my Desert Eagle .50 one handed. Now thats an arm breaker! You are correct though, .38's are plenty for this gun. graehaven, you will have a ball with it!

#17 ·
Just bought the exact same Taurus this afternoon but with a 3" barrel. Got it for $ 369. It is going to be the night stand gun as fumbling for a Glock in the middle of the night, pulled out of a deep sleep just bothers me.

I consider a revolver to be much safer.

#18 ·
Just bought the exact same Taurus this afternoon but with a 3" barrel. Got it for $ 369. It is going to be the night stand gun as fumbling for a Glock in the middle of the night, pulled out of a deep sleep just bothers me.

Was it titanium? I have been searching but havn't found any in titanium or in the Ultralite version.

#21 ·

I keep my G22 on the nightstand in a holster. Much safer that way if I have to go "fumbling for" it in the dark. Grab holster, extract gun....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.