heres one for ya....

Discussion in 'The Hunting & Fishing Forum' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

BGH228
    (11/23/01 3:20:30 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All
    ezSupporter
    heres one for ya....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    I was told peein' on a scrape would freshen it up. Is it just me or does this sound wackO?

Hunters Hideout - AIM - Email/MSN IM - QZMP

Vietnam Memories - The Firearms Forum

the real fredneck
    (11/23/01 8:40:47 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: heres one for ya....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    don't know about peeing on the scrape but I take a stick and rake some leaves into it then throw the stick away helps determine when the buck is coming by cause he'll paw all the leaves back out of it which is how I found out the buck I was after came through every 3 days at night, needless to say I didn't get him

warpig883
    (11/23/01 9:57:45 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: heres one for ya....
    I try not to touch a scrape with anything that will leave any human scent. The deer will freshen it up by themselves if they are active in the area.
    One after one, by the star-dogged moon, Too quick for groan or sigh, Each turned his face with a ghastly pang, And cursed me with his eye. Four times fifty living men, (And I heard nor sigh nor groan) With heavy thump, a lifeless lump, They dropped down one by one.

ruffitt
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/23/01 10:23:56 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: heres one for ya....
    No, you're not wackO BGH228. And besides, welcome to the board. Glad you're here and ready to start gabbin with the rest of us.

One of the best deer attractants there is, is urine - be it human or animal. Lots of guys around here do their daily tinkle in a gallon jug then take it out and pour it on the ground. And believe it or not, it works!!!

We had one of our outdoor personalities here in Michigan get sued by the makers of Buck Stop Lure because he showed where all the Buck Stop doe in estrus pheromones could not come from only 15 does that the company "owned". He also ran some tests and showed, on television, the effectiveness of the deer lure and human urine when used as an attractant. When I watched the segment where the testing was done I wasn't going to believe it. Then I couldn't believe it. Then I wouldn't believe it. But there it was, right in front of my own two eyes.
    Deer (bucks) were actually going up to the spot where the urine was poured and pawing the ground, the doe's would just sniff around a bit and be inquisitive. But the bucks liked to have gone nuts. BUT WAIT That's not the best part of it. Later on he did some further testing with ammonia (and you know what that smells like). Guess what - same results. The deer seemed to just "flock" toward the bleach spot. Darndest thing I ever saw on television.

So no, you're not wackO, you're totally O.K. Now get out there and pee in a bleach bottle and pour it on the ground and wait for "Mr Big" to show up.

Regards
    RUFFITT

Edited by: ruffitt at: 11/25/01 3:55:21 am

BGH228
    (11/23/01 10:41:59 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Typing with toes and peein' in a bottle!

thanks for the info and the welcome!

Hunters Hideout - AIM - Email/MSN IM - QZMP

Vietnam Memories - The Firearms Forum

Different name
    V.I.P. Forum Host
    (12/3/01 4:53:11 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    HMMMMMMM. PoonTang every three days...
    cudn't bin too horny, rite?
    Charlie D