Here's one for you!

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by ssleefl, Oct 24, 2005.

1. ssleefl

ssleefl New Member

I have a never been fired,

PJK INC M-68
    9mm
    Bradbury, Calif

with 2 clips still in the brown paper wrapper. It was given to me by my dad who bought it new in California in the 70's. He told me last year that a buddy of his (who bought his at the same time) just sold his for $6K. When he gave it to me the packing grease was dried out and some surface rust had started to form on the rear site and the "stock", which is just a bar with a metal pad on it. He said that the FBI purchased a small number of these for field use in the early 70's and that there was an article in some gun magazine in the 70's on them. He also said that they were easily converted to full auto. I have since oiled the firearm down and packed it in plastic. There isn't even a scratch on the bolt where it has been cycled. My father has had the gun stored in a fire safe in his warehouse all these years. I can find little useful information on this gun on the internet and thought you guys could tell me whats up?

Steve
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

The info that I have is that FEG was the manufacturer of the PJK-9HP which was a Browning Hi-Power clone. 9mm SA semi-auto, 13 round mag, 4.75" barrel, 32 oz, Blue finish, fixed sights, checkered walnut grips. It was imported by KBI and sold for $349.

Is this what you have?

If not, give us a full description of the gun, all of the writing on it, and it's condition. Pictures would be very helpful.
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

X, this one's a carbine.
  4. Xracer

Sam.....I don't see a 9mm carbine listed under FEG in either the Blue Book or the Standard Catalog of Firearms. Was the PJK M-68 made by FEG?

Do you know anything about it?????
  5. ssleefl

ssleefl New Member

Who said anything about FEG?

PJK Inc is the manufacturer. It looks like a MAC 10 on steroids
  6. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

I found it using the Google Search at the bottom of the page.
  7. ssleefl

ssleefl New Member

I have found that PJK was the original manufacturer of the gun. They made them for a few years and then Wilkinson Terry, also out of California, took over. It's hard to find info on this gun.

One thing I do know is that New Jearsey hates them. :)

Thanks for all the help so far guys.

Steve
  8. ssleefl

ssleefl New Member

Any other places I might try?
  9. ssleefl

ssleefl New Member

Do you ever get the feeling you are being ignored??

Steve
  10. Xracer

You're not being ignored. That embarassing silence is us so-called "experts" being stumped! :D

I've looked thru all of my references. I even "Googled" PJK M68 Carbine and all I get is a list of sites stating that it's a "no-no, bad boy, you-can't have-it" type gun in just about every state in the Union....and Canada too.
  11. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Google, which is what we use 99% of the time to answer the questions thrown at us. Also the library is a good source of data along with research books we buy out of our own pocket.
  12. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Just what type of research have you done on this subject? Not every question will have an accurate answer, specially on unique weapons. If you were being ignored, we would ignore you.
  13. 45Smashemflat

45Smashemflat New Member

Is this anything like a Wilson Linda?
  14. yoric

yoric Former Guest

I'd say that anyone who paid $6000 for one got taken for at least $5500.
  15. ssleefl

ssleefl New Member

I think it's more like a henway.

That's a bold (spelled stupid) statement for someone who doesn't know what it is. Yoric, after reading some of your other posts, please remove the parentheses from that last sentence. Unless you can be constructive and helpful, please stay away from this post.

I have also googled, MSN'ed, and yahoo'ed to search for this gun to no avail. I am also stumped. That's why I asked you guys. I'm not lazy, I just can't find anything of relevance on the gun. I'll still try to help others on this site when possible in a constructive way.

Steve
  16. blime81

blime81 New Member

Well I can't tell you what it worth as thats what I'm trying to figure myself. I recently bought a J&M Eng M68. Found this site doing some research. Here is what I can tell you about it: The J&M Eng is the predessor to the PJK M68 and later the Terry carbine made by Wilkinson. Somehow PJK accuired the rights to make the carbines from J&M as they are the same. Both J&M and PJK made two models the M68 and the M80. The trigger group and grip on the Terry is the same as you may have noticed but the upper is a bit different as they used the M80 design (mostly). All the Terrys are marked on the left hand side as such whereas the J&Ms and the PJKs are marked on the end of the reciever.

My 1976 edition of Gun Digest states the following:
    PJK M-68 Carbine
    9mm Luger, 30 shot mag
    BBL 16 3/16"
    Wt 7lbs Length 29 3/4"
    metal stock, blade front and aperture rear sights
    The price is 189.00 or 209.95 for the scope model (the M80) which has a full length base and cocking handle on the left hand side.

In the 1978 Gun Digest the prices jump to $230.00 and $275.00 respectively.

By 1981, Gun Digest no longer lists the PJK but now lists the Wilkinson Terry for 315.00. This edition says the Wilkinson was introduced in '77.

It would seem that almost all of these rifles have a few different stock setups. The J&M M68s had a wood forend with a tube buttstock and the M80s had black PVC forend and Thompson like buttstock. So far as I have been able to figure the PJKs were stocked the same. The Terrys had black PVC as well as full wood and some have the tube buttstock with a wood recoil pad.

Mine is a shooter. It groups quite well (heavy bbl perhaps) and works great now (after quite a bit of tinkering). If you are handy you can fab new mags using the cheapo 20, 25 or 30 rounders for a Taurus PT92. You will have to weld a bead on the back and file it down so the mag release has something to catch on. Mags and parts are nonexiestent. However they are very simple so making most parts for them isn't a problem should you need one.
  17. blime81

blime81 New Member

Shoot.... I forgot to add
    Check out this link for some more info http://www.geocities.com/gunversation/m68/m68.htm

Not sure how accurate the story about the DEA is but who knows. Also note that the carbine in the top pic is missing the wood forend (it has the holes there though).

In regards to price:
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976570203.htm or
    http://www.gunsamerica.com/guns/976555544.htm

I would say that if you know someone willing to pay $6K for it you outta take that. Yours would undoutbly command a big premium over the two I linked above but I wouldn't say 5 and a half K more.

If it isn't too much trouble I was hoping you could post the measurements of the stock on your rifle (length of tube, dia of tube, length of butt plate etc.)
    I'm trying to replicate one exactly. I think mine's not the real thing.

Oh and about 5 lbs! ;) Hadn't heard that in a while.

Thanks,
    Jeff
  18. Familyguy

Familyguy New Member

I followed the links that Blime81 posted - one is going for $550, the other $595...still want to insult Yoric?
  19. 1stlinegear

1stlinegear Former Guest

Reviving this thread

Ok guys anyone figure out if the PJK M-68 is really worth $5-6K?
  20. Bill DeShivs

Bill DeShivs Active Member

No, it's not. Sorry.
    It seems you already have your mind made up, and won't be confused by facts.