Here's the best safe that money can buy

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by 76Highboy, Dec 8, 2012.

1. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

2. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

cool!

If anyone here was having trouble deciding what to buy me for Christmas, this would make a great stocking stuffer..... hahaa!
  3. 76Highboy

The one that measures 71"x48"x29" weighs 5300 lbs. It has 1" steel walls and the door is 1 1/2" thick. Good luck stealing or prying into that safe.
  4. aa1911

aa1911 Active Member

Yeah, right? that things goin' NOWHERE!

Can't wait to be at my end all be-all home, I will be cementing and welding my safes in place inside of a sea-land container that is built inside of another building. 3 + secure locks to defeat, good luck!

I hate thieves...
  5. dh1984

dh1984 New Member

That a heck of a safe there.
  6. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

I have lusted after a gruffunder for a while....
  7. 68c15

68c15 Well-Known Member

combine that with a ground well supplied solar powered sprinkler system in the vault room and I would be fine.
  8. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Hmmm... Idunno, I've got a huge Cannon gun safe and I can't even open it!!!
  9. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

All kidding aside, I really can't open it. It was left to me by default. My stepdad died this year and took the combo with him! Not cool dadio! There's nothing in it but it sure would be nice to put my own guns in there. I mean who doesn't want one of these. Solid like the rock and boy is this sucker heavy. I mean you thought 76Highboy's dream girl was heavy, try moving this beast. It takes two muscle men and a refer dolly to make it budge and not a penny less. The best price I'm quoted for the MAN to do magic on it is 300 bones. Too rich for my blood so that'll be my last resort. Meanwhile I'm serving life as a stubborn do-it-yourselfer but after many many hours of manipulation it's no closer to being opened. Argh!!!
  10. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Cannon

Attached Files:

11. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

I don't keep my guns in safes - they are tools - when I need them, I need them. Certainly don't want to be wasting time to open a safe to use them.
  12. toppkatt

toppkatt New Member

How big ARE your feet? :D
  13. cpttango30

cpttango30 Guest

Fuzebox call a lock smith any good one will have you in that sucker in under an hour tops.
  14. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Actually safecracking is a specialty not done by your everyday locksmith. And a safecracker is not necesarily a locksmith either. I live in a very big and populated county in southern cal and yet the closest safe cracker is at least an hours drive away. There are dozons of locksmiths in that range. Locksmithing and safecracking are quite different, in fact they make efforts to make safecracking literature not readily available to the public. Then came the internet.
    I've done alot of research and I know more about it than my local locksmiths! I've been able to open some cheaper locks but this one more sensative than even many more expensive locks. The locks are not made by the safe company, they purchase them from a lock maker and this old Cannon got a good one!
    Even a good safe cracker affords himself multiple hours to work the safe with no gaurantee of sucsessful manipulation.
    Last edited: Dec 9, 2012
  15. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

You obviously dont own many guns. When you get an inventory like some of us have, you will need 2 safes and maybe more. Every man with an inventory MUST own a safe. I keep my normal 6-7 guns hidden around the house in various places and of course my carry gun on my belt or on the night stand while I sleep, but the other 40 plus guns need to be locked up.
  16. fuzebox40

fuzebox40 Active Member

Well curently I keep the handguns packed inside a smaller closet safe with no room left for future pieces and I hate it when I want to get at one in the back. I keep as many long guns as I can in the gun cabinet. It's locked of course but nothing would keep a person from breaking into it. The rest of my long guns I have to keep in thier cases. My collection is about 30 strong but lusting for a safe big enough is far easier than buying it.
    At some point you realize that first gun you bought has turned into an addiction that you don't intend to quit and a gun safe is in your future. Then looking at safes and thinking "I can almost afford this if I don't buy any more work tools this year". But then you also know you'll outgrow it eventully so you gotta go big! Bigger than you need right now. But that monster comes with a price tag just as big so it'll have to wait. Once again I have a rich mans desires and poor mans wallet.
    Am I'm the only one that's been down that road? But yep, gotta have a safe!
  17. Double D

I am posting a link to some safes that are not only affordable, but are built very well. If you will match the steel thickness and the size of the locking bolts and the fire rating against just about any other manufacture out there, to get the same safe would cost you at least double. I know, I have done the research.

http://stores.ebay.com/Pioneer-Safe?_rdc=1

Look at the specs. These are not the same as the stack ons and the safes sold at alot of the stores around town. These actually have 1/4" steel doors and 9 1 1/2" locking bolts and 1300 degree fire ratings. He will drop ship to your front door to many states for free in two days. He guarantees his product.
  18. 76Highboy

This safe is the deal right here Dan. If I did not own the one I have I would be seriously considering this one.

Like you Dan, I also keep certain guns hidden around the house and then my CCW gun. The rest belong locked up safely. In this dasy and age it is too risky not having a good quality safe. Some people buy safe's, others invest in them. Usually the ones that buy a safe end up with inadequate protection, and those that invest in a safe end up with proper protection.

As for the Gruffunder safe it is really not practical only because of the cost. If I were a rich person I would own at least one, however there are a lot of great safe's that offer excellent protection.
  19. WHSmithIV

WHSmithIV Well-Known Member

True, I don't yet have 40+ guns. When I do though, they will be in racks on the walls. Our house is my safe and has it's own safety systems. I'm guessing you don't live in the middle of nowhere and thieves could be a reason for having gun safes - but here in the middle of nowhere there aren't any thieves.
  20. Double D

I have a 4 camera security system, 4 dogs, an alarm system, I have sensors that let me know when someone is within 200ft of the house, I live in a low crime area on acreage that is fenced with an electric gate and I still have a safe. I have lived in the country all my life. You will see if you ever build your collection, you will want a safe. Hanging 35+ handguns on the wall doesnt make much sense.....