1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22/.22 mag.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jake, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Jake

Jake Member

Just bought a heritage arms .22 rough rider .22lr with a .22 mag. cylinder. All blued, walnut grips, 6 1/2 inch barrel, single action with a saftey beside the trigger. Any body out there have one of these? Know how good a gun this is? Or what it might be worth? oh yeah, its a revolver with fixed sights.
  2. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I don't currently own one, but I have shot one quite a bit and my
    overall impression was favorable. It is a fun pistol for plinking
    and you can't beat the price. They aren't worth much, retailing
    for about 130.00 around here. I plan to get one of my own soon.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Exc. Shape $120
    Good Shape $85
  4. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I am thinking of getting 1 also. Would it be ok for varminting? I eat what I kill so I dont want the critter spread over half an acre.
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Char

Talking squirrels, ect right?

Just leave the mag cylinder off and you'll be fine...Might I suggest though that you consider a rifle?

Welcome to the madness...Hope you visit often. :)

Crpdeth
  6. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I have a few small caliber long gunsthat would fit the bill but kinda like pistol hunting. Rugers arnt worth the money, and I dont really like double action guns much.-Char
  7. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I have one & I love it. The frame is painted-not blued & the action is weaker than a Ruger. One good fanning would probably ruin it. The good part is how it shoots. The barrel is long enough to site realy well. The rear sight is just a notch but mine shoots right to point of aim. I shoot it more than I shoot my Ruger. Everyone should own one. :)
  8. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

I have a 6.5" silver satin version, bought used for $99.95.
    It has the Millet adjustable "tru-glo" sights. Grips are gray/black laminated.
    Nice gun, not as solid as a SS, but a fun plinker.
    Very accurate. Be aware that the frame is aluminum, not steel.
    Last year I noticed my cylinder was out of time. Turned out I need a "hand" as mine was coming apart. Replacement part was $8.00 and it works fine now.
  9. rsbks7

rsbks7 New Member

I have owned one for several years. It shoots well, easy to clean and like an old Timex keeps on ticking.What else do u want for the price? Really fun gun, if mine were to ever fail to shoot, I would really think about getting one to replace it. Heritage now makes single action revolvers in 45 Colt and .357.