Heritage Arms Rough Rider .22/.22 mag.

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by Jake, Sep 30, 2006.

1. Jake

Jake Member

Just bought a heritage arms .22 rough rider .22lr with a .22 mag. cylinder. All blued, walnut grips, 6 1/2 inch barrel, single action with a saftey beside the trigger. Any body out there have one of these? Know how good a gun this is? Or what it might be worth? oh yeah, its a revolver with fixed sights.
  2. ironsight65

ironsight65 New Member

I don't currently own one, but I have shot one quite a bit and my
    overall impression was favorable. It is a fun pistol for plinking
    and you can't beat the price. They aren't worth much, retailing
    for about 130.00 around here. I plan to get one of my own soon.
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

Exc. Shape $120
    Good Shape $85
  4. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I am thinking of getting 1 also. Would it be ok for varminting? I eat what I kill so I dont want the critter spread over half an acre.
  5. Crpdeth

Crpdeth Active Member

Char

Talking squirrels, ect right?

Just leave the mag cylinder off and you'll be fine...Might I suggest though that you consider a rifle?

Welcome to the madness...Hope you visit often. :)

Crpdeth
  6. charagrin

charagrin Former Guest

I have a few small caliber long gunsthat would fit the bill but kinda like pistol hunting. Rugers arnt worth the money, and I dont really like double action guns much.-Char
  7. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

I have one & I love it. The frame is painted-not blued & the action is weaker than a Ruger. One good fanning would probably ruin it. The good part is how it shoots. The barrel is long enough to site realy well. The rear sight is just a notch but mine shoots right to point of aim. I shoot it more than I shoot my Ruger. Everyone should own one. :)
  8. AR1911

AR1911 New Member

I have a 6.5" silver satin version, bought used for $99.95.
    It has the Millet adjustable "tru-glo" sights. Grips are gray/black laminated.
    Nice gun, not as solid as a SS, but a fun plinker.
    Very accurate. Be aware that the frame is aluminum, not steel.
    Last year I noticed my cylinder was out of time. Turned out I need a "hand" as mine was coming apart. Replacement part was $8.00 and it works fine now.
  9. rsbks7

rsbks7 New Member

I have owned one for several years. It shoots well, easy to clean and like an old Timex keeps on ticking.What else do u want for the price? Really fun gun, if mine were to ever fail to shoot, I would really think about getting one to replace it. Heritage now makes single action revolvers in 45 Colt and .357.