Heritage Hawken Black Powder Rifle

Discussion in 'Black Powder Shooting / Muzzleloaders / Handguns' started by Nickm676, Jun 3, 2010.

1. Nickm676

Nickm676 New Member

I took a risk today and ordered a "Heritage" Hawken 50 cal 28" rifle. I can not find any information on the web about the "Heritage" brand. Does anyone know any background on these guns? I do not have the gun in hand yet but was told by the seller that the word "Heritage" was the only name inscribed on the barrel. The best I could come up with is that these were at one time possible sold through Cabelas.

Any information would be appreciated!

When were they made? Who sold them? Is the company owned by someone else?
  2. old semperfi

old semperfi Active Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    not sure about black powder but they also make a very cheap 22 revolver.brand new they are less than two hundred dollars.i have a few friends that bought the pistols and they tend to shoot loose after awhile.i am not impressed with them. old semperfi
  3. Hunting Man

Hunting Man New Member

Found one used Heritage hawken on line for $125.00. I wasn't aware that they still sold new rifles. These are most likely mid-priced ML's. Good luck with your purchase.
  4. Nickm676

Nickm676 New Member

Thanks for the Replies. I received the Heritage Hawken and it was a complete disappointment. It was in very rough shape and no patch box. Seemed like it was a 70s or 80s vintage rifle made in Spain. This was not made by the outfit in Florida that makes the Heritage revolvers. I was able to return it to the seller for a full refund.

I am looking for a nice used Hawken with a patch box in the stock for $200 or less. I'm not finding much so I may have to save up a little more...
  5. armouredtrooper

armouredtrooper New Member

I have a 50 cal Hawkin percussion with a1-44" twist in a 28" barrel, made by investarms in Italy. I'm not too sure what it's worth brand new, but used it works fantastic, shoots like a dream and very accurate with a spitpatch and round ball.
  6. Kaiser Norton

Kaiser Norton New Member

I bought a Heritage Hawken kit back in 91-92 through Bass Pro Shops. Put it together in a weekend. It was my first black powder gun. It shot quite well, easily keeping my shots on a 7 inch paper plate at 100 yds. As I recall, it had the patch box on the stock and a large inlaid star where you rested your cheek. I really liked the thing and couldn't wait to shoot a deer with it. Unfortunately, some d*ck broke into my apartment and it was stolen. I replaced it a few years later with a Traditions, which wasn't nearly as accurate, and got out of black powder soon thereafter. I think I'd still be at it if I still had the Heritage.....

Kaiser Norton
  7. Hawg

Hawg Active Member

GRRRRR.
    Last edited: Sep 11, 2011
  8. ctswamphunter

ctswamphunter New Member

That is a new brand to me, I am going to investigate a bit.