heritage rough rider 22 lr / 22 mag

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by oscarmayer, Jun 30, 2010.

1. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

with all the talk and pictures of nice high quality 22's i'm a little embarassed to bring up my newly purchased heritage 22. 3.5 inch barrel birds head grip. upon first inspection i could see it wasn't a ruger single six by any stretch of the imagination but then again i only paid 175.0 out the door and it was NIB. wasn't sure what to expect but after my first outing at the range i'm impressed. it shots good and feels good doing it. so far i've only put 250 rounds through it but after my range time i removed the cylinder and cleaned it up, so far no signs of any wear but then again it hasn't see much action as of yet. next outing i'll shoot another 250 rounds and then switch up to 22 mag and see how that works out.
  2. woolleyworm

woolleyworm Active Member

great.... now you're spammin for Heritage products.... ;):D:D:D

I have had no bad experiences with any of the Heritage 22's that I've shot. I tried to buy a Rough Rider 22combo last Christmas, the local sporting goods store had them on sale for $119, a great value in my book. They're great plinkers and fun to shoot, that's plenty good enough for me! They sold out of them before I could get there and no rainchecks on that one.

....... now, where's the pics?? :p
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2010
  3. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

heritage , mag-safe any way i can make a buck :D :p that whole thing was rather odd, but i was glad to see he posted his picture i printed it out and hung it in the barn to scare away the rats :) now back to the business at hand. i'm curious to see what experiences others have had with the "rough rider" and what to look out for as i begin to shot more through it. i'm a firm believer in if it seems to good to be true it more than likely isn't.... but for the price i had to try it out. anyone here have any experience with there big bore model either 357 or 45 LC ?