Hero's

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Feb 23, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

warpig883
    (6/26/01 7:16:37 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hero's
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Just heard an old Johnny Cash song that made me think about the sacrifices others gave for us. Song is The Ballad of Ira Hayes. About a Marine on Iwo Jima. If you have not heard it you should give it a try.
    I fear we have awaked a sleeping giant and filled it with a terrible resolve. Jap. Admiral Yamamota directly after Pearl Harbor. If the women don't find you handsome, at least they will find you handy. Red Green.

WyomingSwede
    (6/26/01 10:04:20 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hero's
    Great song...learned it by heart when I was a kid. Then again...we only had one tv station. I wont say what network it was...But I never found out who Fonzie was until I went to college. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

obelix2
    (6/28/01 1:45:52 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Ira Hayes
    Of course, he was one of the six Marines to put up the small flag on Iwo. Life's photo looked faked, but it wasn't. BTW, the monument in Arlington, VA, is now overlooked by sixty dozen yuppy palaces.

WyomingSwede
    (6/28/01 10:28:49 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Ira Hayes
    Did not mean to make light of a serious subject...did like the song and put some time in uniform myself. No disrespect meant. regards swede
    Wyoming Swede

obelix2
    (6/29/01 8:51:39 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del No offense
    In fact, I can't understand how there could be one. You are among my favorite reliable sources.