The Firearms Forum banner

Hers and His............

1K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  gdmoody 
#1 ·
Hers

I don't know if I posted it or not, but a little over a month ago someone tried to jump in the car with Donna when she was stopped in the car........so we went out and bought her a pistol the first chance we got. She got the Ruger P95 in the picture. So far she has shot about 60 rounds through it and loves it.

His

I am not sure when, but sometime in around November of last year Donna put me a gun on layaway and she finally got enough money together to pay it off last week. She got me a Citadel 1911 45acp. I held one at a gunshow about 2 years ago and I loved it. It has maybe a 4lb trigger pull straight out of the box. I haven't shot it yet, but hopefully it will not be too cold and windy tomorrow so we can shoot some.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Sure thing Jack. As soon as this cold, windy weather breaks we are going to put some holes in some paper.

They are saying we are going to have arctic type weather the next few days..........it's 26 degrees now, but with the wind going as hard as it is.... it feels like -26.

#5 ·
NICE on both of them!
Glad to hear you all went out and got her a pistol, after that incident.
Hope she never "needs" to use it, but if she does, she'll be ready with that P95.

#8 ·
Go Donna!!! I hate to hear of the circumstances that led to her decision but she has a couple of nice guns to work with. Make sure she has a carry system and have her do dry firing while presenting the firearm from her carry. You may need to get some snap caps to protect the firing pin, but she can get the repetition and muscle memory down without costing a lot of money.:)

#12 ·
Very good choices, I no longer own a Ruger semi (other than a .22) but I used to own a P89 and it was a fine pistol. I have the smaller (commander) sized Citadel and I am surprised to hear that your trigger is so hard to pull :D, mine will fire if your breathe hard on it!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.