Hers and His............

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by jlloyd73, Feb 12, 2012.

1. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Hers

I don't know if I posted it or not, but a little over a month ago someone tried to jump in the car with Donna when she was stopped in the car........so we went out and bought her a pistol the first chance we got. She got the Ruger P95 in the picture. So far she has shot about 60 rounds through it and loves it.

His

I am not sure when, but sometime in around November of last year Donna put me a gun on layaway and she finally got enough money together to pay it off last week. She got me a Citadel 1911 45acp. I held one at a gunshow about 2 years ago and I loved it. It has maybe a 4lb trigger pull straight out of the box. I haven't shot it yet, but hopefully it will not be too cold and windy tomorrow so we can shoot some.

Attached Files:

2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

excellent!! good choices both

i looked at the citadel last time i was over but never got to do more than look but the tightness of it all impressed me a lot .. range report is the next tasking for ya , ya know eh ;)
  3. jlloyd73

jlloyd73 New Member

Sure thing Jack. As soon as this cold, windy weather breaks we are going to put some holes in some paper.

They are saying we are going to have arctic type weather the next few days..........it's 26 degrees now, but with the wind going as hard as it is.... it feels like -26.
  4. 76Highboy

76Highboy Well-Known Member Supporting Member

Good choices. Now she'll be confident.
  5. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

NICE on both of them!
    Glad to hear you all went out and got her a pistol, after that incident.
    Hope she never "needs" to use it, but if she does, she'll be ready with that P95.
  6. Rhuga

Rhuga Member

...And the good book says, "A family that shoots together are tough hombres!"
  7. NEILT

NEILT New Member

nice picks
  8. Old Guy

Old Guy Member

Go Donna!!! I hate to hear of the circumstances that led to her decision but she has a couple of nice guns to work with. Make sure she has a carry system and have her do dry firing while presenting the firearm from her carry. You may need to get some snap caps to protect the firing pin, but she can get the repetition and muscle memory down without costing a lot of money.:)
  9. Model195Fan

Model195Fan Member

Great to hear that she got a gun and likes it! I'm sure you also reminded her about locking the doors. It's not always easy to keep the gun properly accessible, but some areas kind of require it.
  10. norahc

norahc Active Member

An hour's drive from the nearest McDonald's
    Can't go wrong with either one of them.
  11. American Leader

American Leader Well-Known Member

Nice selections Jason! I know a very nice fellow who has one of them P95's and loves it dearly. A real sharp shooter, congrats!
  12. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

Very good choices, I no longer own a Ruger semi (other than a .22) but I used to own a P89 and it was a fine pistol. I have the smaller (commander) sized Citadel and I am surprised to hear that your trigger is so hard to pull :D, mine will fire if your breathe hard on it!!