Hey any disable's that take Varmint hunting seriously

Discussion in 'Disabled Hunters & Shooters Forum' started by Lapua Kid, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Just wondering if we had any one that takes Varmint hunt serious . And dials in their shots ? For the last few years I have taken this sport to the extremes and I totally enjoying the benifits .Again its a sport that we can get out and do . Below is my newest toy .It's a 6.5 x 284 why i purchase that caliber who knows but i did and the lower picstures is my close range out to 500 yard my 6 ppc with interchangable barrels . the 6.5 has not been fired yet in fact today i'm installing the 12 x 42 NSX Night Force scope.:)

Attached Files:

2. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

1 more

Attached Files:

3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

I've been lucky enough to be able to assist some less abled folks get out and hunt critters this way .. theres a few folks this side getting rather serious into the hunting side now

one bloke rolls out of his chair to skin and dress the critters then hauls himself back in and he thinks nothing of it , he's a inspiration to me and a pleasure to watch

sad to think before we started taking him out he had sat at home playing PC games , now , no stopping the guy , he's even learned how to boogy board surf and he's a strong swimmer despite no functioning legs

More Power to you Lapua Kid

and nice gat's !!
  4. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

I just gotta' second that, kid! Those are great looking guns. Glad you have someting your interested in. Keep up the inspiration to others! Attitude is everything!
  5. James In Wyoming

James In Wyoming New Member

I am very much into varmint (and also target) shooting and currently use CZ-527 American's in .204 Ruger and .223.
    I also shot Remington 700 BDL's in 25-06 & 243 but they are used for bigger critters that are enjoyed at dinner.
    There are more that are used for whatever "Legal" target may be available at the time of discharge.
    Oh, I also have two old Swedish Mausers (6.5 X 55) that are just awesome.
    Truth is I just like to shoot!
  6. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Up date got 29 Ground hogs this year not my best year but had a good time hunting , good weather and most of all good friends hunting with me sometimes. I hunted alot by myself but it sure makes loading and unloading the shooting table , rest and guns alot easier with a helping hand . Lucked out again this year no chiggers ,ticks or snakes couple of years ago black snake was crawling on my leg. Just thankful it was a black snake did see a Mature Male Bald Eagle feed on the groundhogs i shot what a beautiful sight.
  7. Brisk44

Brisk44 New Member

29 ground hogs in a summer sounds pretty good. Nice lookin rifles.
  8. Lapua Kid

Lapua Kid New Member

Hey thanks ,

The top 1 is a 700 action smith by Clay Spencer in 6 x 47 Lapua ,the 1 in the Leanord wood stock is a 6ppc with 30 br barrel . Panda Kelbly action built by Spencer . And the bottom gun was a Grizzly Kelbly action built by Kelbly in 6.5 x 284 . I have pretty much everything covered with these calibers been thinking of a 6 Dasher just for giggles.
    Last edited: Nov 9, 2011
  9. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

nice looking rifle! we only have coyotes here and ya got to be smart bout where you get em or your butts in a sling lol. nasty little buggers when they are hungry so its blam city if they come in the yard.I cant run but i draw fast hahaha so it's even.