Hey gun-nut

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by JLA, Dec 15, 2011.

1. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Absolutely happy paul. BTW, did you get your half of the deal? I figure the PO should have it delivered by today. I got it posted at about 13:30 tuesday afternoon.

And do tell the story. Im all ears. :)
  2. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

Yes i got the MO today.Thank you. Well it has sat in a barn that has very little roof. Very little siding left. And to top it all off!!!:eek: It sat under a wet cardboad box. The kid i got it from told me this. He is still getting stuff from his great-grandfather. So as we do some more trading i might just end up with more neet stuff. Like i said its a bit hard to belive that thats the way it was stored. But some people are like that up here in the great state of OHIO.
  3. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

And thast a testament to a solid steel scale thats coated in whatever impermiable coating redding put on it. The beam is either nickel steel or stainless steel as well as the weights, which is why they only were slightly discolored and had some scale (the other kind ;) ) on them. the mineral spirits and the brush took the red paint off the hash marks but I dont mind, its still perfectly readable without the red paint. This dude is dead nutz tho.
  4. gun-nut

gun-nut Member

I was impressed myself when i got it home and started playing with it. I made no adjustments to it. so it has been set as far as i know all this time.
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

YEah I didnt have to adjust anything after cleaning it. It was only a tenth off 0 when it was sitting level. So I just left it be and adjusted the zero nut up a bit to bring it in. Weighed every scale check weight I have from light 50 grainers to heavy 250 grainers and its dead on.