Hey I'm gettin a free van...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by flannelman, Aug 8, 2009.

1. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    and it ain't from the govt!! I wrecked my car back in June and some guy that was supposed to be helping me took off with my truck never to be seen again (yet) so my family has been down to one car and it ain't the best. It has been a real pain cause I need the car to go to work and my wife has to fit in grocery shopping when she can cause my work schedule has been sooooo wierd. Well my Brither-in-law (wife's brother) asked us if we wanted his old (98) minivan. We thought he ment to borrow but he said he wants it out of his driveway cause a divorced man with a minivan just ain't cool with the ladies. So Sunday we are going to drive down there and pick up a new to us and FREE Ford Windstar!! He had the entire frontend rebuilt recently and he said everything works great. Now I'm not much on minivans but I'll take free!! Maybe I can pimp it up some to make it look cool!!!:D:D
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2009
  2. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Congrats!

mike
    gn
  3. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Thanks! I did think of a good manly use for a minivan, not like the vans back in the 70's with the bed in the back either. I can use it to haul all my hardware to the shooting range!
  4. glocknut

glocknut New Member

I never had an image problem driving a minivan... the one i had a problem with was the old station wagon. That one i despised beeing seen getting out of!!!!!

mike
    gn
  5. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

Speeking of station wagons am I the only on here that has ever owned a Jeep Wagoneer, those things are reliable vehicles.
  6. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well...thats a little different than a station wagon.

mike
    gn
  7. Mr. Nameless

Mr. Nameless New Member

I know, but you said wagon and made me think of it.
  8. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Never had a Wagoneer. I'm barely old enough to remember them!! What is wrong with a station wagon?? Man one of those old jobs with the wings on the back, SWEEEEETTT!!! There is one at a custom shop just out of Hot Springs that looks great! The guy that owns it did a lot of work customizing it and it is realllly nice!! From the 50's, lowered, chopped, and flamed, cool ride!!
  9. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Had a 78 with a 403 in it. All time 4X4 with quadratrac. That thing would climb a tree, but it wouldnt pass a gas station. I think I got 4 miles to the gallon mabbe.

Oh yeah and congrats on the minivan.
  10. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Here is some pics for ya

Attached Files:

11. Suicide*Ride

Suicide*Ride New Member

Congrats on acquiring some free wheels!! I don't remember which yr(s) it was but Ford had (has?) a problem w/ sticking starter actuators in the steering column of several vehicles. Do a google check on your model &/or ask your friend if he had to do anything re: a recall @ Ford.

I'm not knockin your good fortune Flannel, only letting you know about Ford's mini-vans of the 90's. I've personally known of 3 vehicles that burned to the ground! :eek: 2 vans & a Taurus.

http://www.switchfires.com/news.htm

SR
  12. artabr

artabr New Member

Congrats!!
    Now you can get that "if the vans a rockin' don't come knockin'" bumper sticker that you've always wanted. :eek: :p :D

j/k, That really is good news. :)

Art
  13. 358 winchester

358 winchester *TFF Admin Staff*

I am driving a minivan now! I had a brand new Subaru Forester that was a great vehicle, until Carla drove it a couple of times. She now has the Subaru and I got the Dodge minivan :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I took the center seat out and moved the back seat forward so the back is empty all the time gives me more space for MAN STUFF:):D:)
  14. artabr

artabr New Member

Vans are great for shooters. Plenty room in back for all your stuff, your gear is out of the weather, all of your stuff is under lock & key.
    Vans are great range rides. ;)

Art
  15. swanshot

swanshot New Member

Good price mate:D:D:D