1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

HEY, LTS - GUESS WHAT I GOT??????

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 9, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/10/02 3:39:20 pm)
    Reply HEY, LTS - GUESS WHAT I GOT??????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    (Hee, hee, hee!!)

Done gots a supplemental barrel for the ol' Ruger 77/22, .22 Mag in .17 HMR!!!

Dang thing is a Green Mountain bull barrel that's flueted and doesn't fit the Ruger stock's barrel channel too well, but Ruger wants $204 for another stock, so guess I'll use this one as is until I get to the range and see if it truly needs inletted, or not.

Just received a brick of Hornady .17 HMR ammo, some cleaning brushes and a jag (had the cleaning rod and patches) so, Thursday following a doctor's appointment I'm headed for the range to see if it shoots worth a darn.

Dunno - may get converted from .22 Mag to .17 HMR!!!!

Do you want my expended brass to neck down for your .12 LTS Superdooperpooperlongrangeblastemdead rifle?? Only have one little indent on the rim - should be able to swage that out easily enough!
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

Bob In St Louis
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/10/02 3:54:32 pm)
    Reply Re: HEY, LTS - GUESS WHAT I GOT??????
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Durn ifn' he don't joke bout my Spanish Potmetal, an' then he goes n' buys hisself one o' dem soda straw guns.

Zigzag2
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/10/02 6:38:23 pm)
    I just seen the NEW 17 HMR Caliber Rough Rider.

This is what "Heritage" has to say...

We have re-engineered our Rough Rider Revolver to handle to handle the NEW HOT 17 HMR CALIBER. If you want increased velocity (1750 - 1800 fps), and greater stopping power than 22 mag this new caliber will do it. Great for small game at further distances. Your new 17 caliber Rough Rider comes with a Williams Fire Red Ramp Front Sight and Millett Adjustable Rear Sights. Very low recoil and lots of fun.

Quote:
    "Tell the gossipers and liars I will see them in the fire" - Johnny Cash, Let the train whistle blow

LIKTOSHOOT
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/10/02 7:23:27 pm)

K-nat shooter, I`m working on a .10.....but using the unfired brass.....pulling the .17 bullet and filing it down. Tedious, but these Texas hummingbirds are vicious-fast too.

LTS

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 8:52:14 am)
    Hey kdub.....be careful you don't shoot one of those Arizona chipmunks with that peanutgun. He might get mad and bite your toe off!

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/11/02 4:57:47 pm)
    YEE-HAW!

Went to the range this morning. First two shots out the barrel grouped touching each other, 2" hi and 1" right at 25 yds. Make scope adjustment (Burris compact 3x9) and had them printing 1/2" hi, 5 shot group just one slightly elongated hole! Moved target to 100 yds - made sight adjustment and had rifle grouping a little over MOA and 1" hi.

Don't know if it's worth messing on the barrel channel and ruining the factory stock, or not. Think I'll leave it "as is" for another session or so and see how it does.

Gotta say, that Green Mountain flueted bull barrel is one nice piece of iron! Strange thing, you could hear the bullet hitting the paper/cardboard target at 100 yds after the shot. Guess that li'l .17 bugger is expanding when hitting dirt behind the target and giving a little report.
    "Keep Off The Ridgeline"

ibtrukn
    V.I.P. Member
    (12/14/02 3:47:59 pm)
    Yar , an da holdover at 1000 yds is ah hhhmmmmm, leemmme see, YO LTS was it 46 inches or 46 ft???

kdub01
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (12/14/02 5:34:50 pm)
    Now, IB-

You gots ta pay attention - that's 55 feet holdover!

"Keep Off The Ridgeline"