Hey mod's. What is this?

Discussion in 'TFF Technical Support Forum & Suggestion Box' started by hkruss, Jan 27, 2012.

1. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

An inconsequential question, but I'm curious.

On occasion, I will see a thread title with the screen name underneath it, then to the right of that, there will be several gold or yellow stars. I don't remember seeing this very often, but I was wondering what this denotes and, at what point are the stars put there?

2. Bobitis

Bobitis Guest

I was wondering the same thing today. :eek:

Who getsta do it and why?
  3. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

its a rating for the thread , but to be honest i dont see it on every thread , mainly on my own posted or started threads so it may be that , aint sure .. higher up guidance than i requested ;)
  4. raven818

raven818 Well-Known Member Supporting Member

I'm so glad somebody asked. :)
  5. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ive noticed it too. May have to ask Ginga bout this one. I dont bother with it.

I do remember a member, Gun Runner, I believe asked about a thread rating system a few weeks ago. I thot it was a bad idea to be quite honest. But I started noticing the stars around the time of that thread..
  6. jstgsn

jstgsn Well-Known Member

Silly boys, those are the threads going directly to Media Matters and the Obama White House. I had one by a thread I started and....what? What are you talking about? Sorry, the wife said a black limo came into the driveway... Anyway, those little mar......Who's at the door? ..What chopper and floodlight? ...Of course they need a search warrant, no they can't come in..........Get out of my house........let go of m()(&*)*E)hjl;;lhj;lagiuopudlfhnhjl;nkl;dkru;lj;ld f;;j jkd...NO NOT THE TASER!!!!!!!!!!!!!! **+_&&+^(^)&ouii:u{j:lkjhgoi&ltygh>j<glkuyujljkg:eek:lkjhp:eek:jkuljk:liuikj:lkj [;please my VO.......:bleh:
  7. time2shoot

time2shoot Well-Known Member

:lmao2::lmao2::lmao2:thats just funy
  8. SouthernMoss

SouthernMoss *Admin Tech Staff*

The stars represent thread ratings. In most of our forums, the ability to rate threads is not activated, but the ability is turned on in a few forums. I honestly didn't realize that it was activated in any of our forums. Apparently when our forums were built, the thread rating option was activated on a few forums, whether accidentally or on purpose I don't know.

JLA, I think Gun Runner was asking about rating members, not threads.
  9. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

You can rate a thread (where available) by selecting a number of stars at the top right-hand corner of the first post of that thread. It may actually be the first post on each page displayed, but I don't remember off hand.
  10. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Ah, well if thats the case id consider it an even worse idea than rating threads.
  11. Juker

Juker New Member

"Don't rate me, bro!" (or was it "taze"?) :D:D:D
  12. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any stars, but if they are there, and they are a rating system for the thread, there must be some way to rate the thread. Right?

Do how do you do that? I looked all over this thread, and don't see anywhere that says, "Rate this thread".
  13. CampingJosh

CampingJosh Well-Known Member

It's only turned on in some of the sub-forums. Fire for Effect is one that it's there.

At the top of the first post of the thread, it will have this thing:

How To Rate a Thread.jpg

Click, and it shows you this menu:

How To Rate a Thread 2.jpg
  14. Alpo

Alpo Well-Known Member

Ah. I don't normally go to that forum. Must be why I've not noticed it.