Hey Pig! Chopper down in Afghanistan...

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by Guest, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Guest

Guest Guest

polishshooter
    Senior Chief Moderator Staff
    (11/2/01 8:49:24 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hey Pig! Chopper down in Afghanistan...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MSNBC just announced a Spec Ops chopper crashed inside Afghanistan today due to weather, probably Icing on the rotors...supposedly a massive ice storm is underway.

Crew and SOFs on board rescued by second chopper, 4 hurt.

Tomcats called in to bomb wreckage to destroy classified equipment...(PaveLow?)

Do you think it was an AF 53 or an Army 47?

Betcha Taliban holds up more wreckage and claims a kill....

Plus, they said massive use of infrared and seismic detectors dropped all over the mountains, with Strike Eagles on Ready in Kuwait, can hit detections in minutes they say, with clusters and bunkerbusters in case they make it back into a cave...hope when a Tallywhacker comes out to take a leak he's quick about it...

We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Edited by: polishshooter at: 11/2/01 9:56:54 pm

Xracer
    (11/3/01 10:15:18 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hey Pig! Chopper down in Afghanistan...
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Well, you're right Polish. The Taleban are claiming they shot it down with 40 or 50 American casualties.

news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english...635228.stm

warpig883
    (11/3/01 6:34:40 pm)
    Those guys are living a grand adventure right now. I am not glamorizing war. But all the enlisted aircrews I knew in my Army Aviation days lived for this. I hope they all come home safe. I am praying for them and their families. The military wife is the one we should all be thanking.
    I am not happy unless I am miserable

polishshooter
    (11/9/01 11:08:09 pm)
    It was a 53...hit a "wall of weather" and went in. The four guys hurt hurt their backs badly in the crash, could barely walk, the second chopper couldn't get to them because of the squall, the whole crew and passengers humped it like 6 miles to another LZ and the second 53 picked them up.

They went in to get a beanie they thought had meningitis, but it was extreme altitude sickness...now looking where they pranged in, and the fact it involved SF in the mountains, these guys were DEFINITELY not the ones helping the Northern Alliance...probably a hunter/killer team in Indian country.
    We must make war as we must; not as we would like. - Field Marshal Kitchener, 1915

Xracer
    (11/10/01 10:01:10 am)
    The real point is.....we can put people in and pull them out, where and when we want.

It must be discouraging to the Taliban to know that we can have ghost teams observing and targeting them wherever they are.

polishshooter
    (11/11/01 10:33:33 am)
    Yeah, did you see the report on how they claimed they moved bin Laden recently so he could do the latest video?

One of his top aides wrapped him in a blanket, and put him in the bed of a pickup and RACED him to where he needed to be...and they are BRAGGING like it was some sort of a VICTORY that he got away with it!

Nothing like first class travel for a millionaire, and now that we know THAT, how much you want to bet any SINGLE Toyotas get targeted from now on, and any "blanket rolls" get sprayed or at least one BMG round through it...

Talk about "Pigs in a Blanket..."