Hey Pinecone

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by Double D, Nov 29, 2009.

1. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Hey, I was just wondering how much you have shot your new EMP 40 cal and how much you like it. I have been looking at the .45 because thats my favorite but I also own a taurus 24/7 in 40 cal that I like alot. My supplier has the 40 in stock but not the 45 so I was considering it. Let me know. Also dont worry about the 380s. I appreciate it anyhow.
  2. Double D

3. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Ms Pinecone is in transit today. I'm sure she'll get back to you when her paws touch down in "Men-ah-S0-ta"!
  4. Double D

Yea, I knew she was out of pocket. She had been checkin in over the weekend.
  5. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I mostly have odds and ends of .380s, the trouble is the tricky, expensive shipping.

EMP is a nice pistol, I am impressed that it was a redesign of the 1911 full-sized parts, clever.
  6. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Pinecone, my wife wants an EMP-40 real bad. She wants something smaller than the Glock 23 she is lugging around in her huge monstrosity of a bag she calls a purse. She has never stood in my way on gun purchases, so its pay back time for her. Is it worth the cost?
  7. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

I'd say the EMP is worth it, they are really nice guns and if I'm going to rely on it to defend my life, it can be expensive, IMO. I'm not sure about the size in comparison to a 23, but they are heavy! It's possibly heavier than a 23, so if you find one check that issue for sure. I love it, I'd be hard-pressed to even think of a gun to replace it.
  8. 40CalJoe

40CalJoe New Member

Thanks for the quick reply. The weight of the EMP is only 27 ounces the 23 is about 22 oz. She has already fondled the gun and likes the feel. Thanks again.
  9. pinecone70

pinecone70 Active Member

Empty mag, my pistol is 33oz. I hate to think of how much the ammo adds to it.
  10. Double D

If you want a real light gun then I guess you gotta buy tupperware or an aluminum frame revolver. My colt defender is considered lightwieght. I have just fell in love with the compact 1911 and want more and more of them. Dont get me wrong, I own a full size 1911 too and want more of those also. In my opinion Joe I wouldnt hesitate on the springer. I think she will be happy.