Hey, Pistolenschutze & Your PT-745

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by durk, Apr 6, 2007.

1. durk

durk Active Member

I have read that you carry (sometimes) a Taurus-PT 745. Do you carry that with one in the chamber & safety on? Or safety Off? I'm thinking about getting one of those guns. How do you like it?
  2. Yup, Durk, I do often carry a Taurus Millennium Pro 745 and consider it a well-made and very reliable handgun. I carry it with safety off and one up the spout. In my opinion, a safety on a DAO auto makes no more sense than a safety on a DA revolver . . . in other words, they're about as much use as screendoors on a submarine or t*** on a boar hog. :D As for carrying it with a round chambered, I see little point in carrying ANY auto pistol unless there is one in the chamber. If you need the weapon, you may need to use it with only one hand, and who has time to rack a slide when a second may make all the difference there is? The DAO 745 is perfectly safe carried that way. A standard double action auto is a different story, and if I carry one (like my Sig P-230) I carry it in Condition 2.
    Last edited by a moderator: Apr 6, 2007
  3. southernshooter

southernshooter New Member

And you can't forget if you got to rack the slide and the round don't feed right and stovepipes before you ever get a round off you will be left with a 2 pound rock. Atleast if their is one in the pipe, You have atleast one shot
  4. durk

durk Active Member

Good deal. Thanks guys!