1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

Hey PS! Need some help with the Dead Language...

Discussion in 'General Military Arms & History Forum' started by polishshooter, Nov 11, 2006.

1. Pat Hurley

Pat Hurley Former Guest

It was just a poor attempt at humor. Catholics are forever being accused of believing that you can "work" your way to heaven, by people who are unschooled and biased against Catholicism. This, of course, is false. The Church has never taught any such thing in its 2000 years of existence. Nevertheless, I found your "faith and works" motto irresistable, and just had to throw in a cheeky comment.

Happy Thanksgiving.

Pat Hurley
  2. Light Coat

Light Coat New Member

I used to research German states coins from the 17th and 18th centuries and ran into lots of Latin. More to the original subject; what's up with the Clausewitz, eh? You learning how to overwealm enemies with mobile artilliary or lightning cavalry assaults?
  3. bunnyhunter12

bunnyhunter12 New Member

Had to drag this one back to life to ask, Does "Quaerite Prime Regnum Dei"mean what they say it does? It's Newfoundland's official motto and is supposed to mean "Seek ye first the kingdom of God". Yes or no?
  4. polishshooter

polishshooter Active Member

Actually, I think it translates into something like "It's cold as hell tonight, Nyeh George?"

No, I remember, that was what Kosciusko said in Polish to Washington when they were crossing the Delaware, I get those confused....:cool: