Hey Tranter! The 'other' white meat?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mrkirker, Jan 7, 2009.

1. Correct, the mag for the 17 will work in the 19, but not vice-versa because of magazine length, just as a mag for a G22 or 23 (.40 S&W) may be used in a G27, for example. The longer magazines, however, protrude rather awkwardly as you pointed out. That's what's called efficient engineering. There is little point in reinventing the wheel each time a new model comes out.
  2. flannelman

flannelman New Member

Rural Arkansas. But isn't all of Arkansas rural?
    I've had my share of battles with the wily little buggers too! I was out one cold January morn trying to put a dent in the population when I had a slight misadventure, not quite the level of hkruss's, but a misadventure all the same. I was stalking through the tract of hardwood timber that bordered my uncle's field searching for the elusive little tree rats. As I slowly walked along, scanning the treetops, I failed to notice the stump hole in my path. I'm not sure I would have seen it if I was looking because of the layer of leaves floating on the icy water that filled the stump hole. I continued to move along, my eyes searching for any movement from my bushytailed quarry, when I placed my left foot directly in the center of the stump hole. It is rumored here in Arkansas that there are some stump holes that have no bottom and that those holes can swallow a man whole, never to be seen again. Much to my dismay, I had found one of the holes that the ole timers whisper about. As the water embraced my left leg in its icy grip I began to realize the trouble I was in. I'm a pretty big ole boy so it takes quite a hole for me to disappear into but this one seemed to be up to the task. As my leg sank deeper into the cold depths I had to find some way to save myself! I don't know if it was luck or divine intervention, but as my left leg sank my right leg just folded up on dry ground. Finally I settled to a stop with my right leg folded up under me, my rear on the ground, and my left leg straight out in a water filled stump hole. At least I wasn’t sinking anymore! I’m glad I was by myself at this point because I’m sure I looked like a beached whale while trying to extract myself from that cold, wet, bottomless stump hole. Once out I left the squirrels to their own devices as I sloshed my way back home. I vowed to come back and repay them for the trap they set for me though.
  3. Charlie the sniper

Charlie the sniper New Member

England, thats the USN aircraft carrier near europ
    HEY UP TRANTER ! are you having a go at me, "a Northern thing" and you call it "Charlie".
    We can't afford Squirrel up north, but we did have a nice Rats Tail for Christmas Dinner.
    Washed down with some Vintage rain water. Are the joys of living in a sewer.
  4. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

No, Charlie Sniper;
    Original suggested for old "Charlie-Cong!" A 'Charlie' from another era. :eek:
    Didn't mean to offend!
  5. Charlie the sniper

Charlie the sniper New Member

England, thats the USN aircraft carrier near europ
    " Not offended at all", but you never know with them who live down south (UK,not USA).
    Just realised one thing about the Charlie connection, I've been posting on the Vietnam Forum......oohps, not the best place to have "A CHARLIE SNIPER". ...SORRY!
  6. Shellback

Shellback New Member

I will bring this thread back to life on my next squirell hunt:D:D:D:D
    Tim
  7. But Tim, what will you do if the squirrels outsmart the Shellback? :D;):p
  8. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Shellback, watch out for ants!!!
  9. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Howdy all ! I'm new to posting on this fine forum. Have enjoyed
    reading here for a few months. As to squirrels, I mostly enjoy
    watching them and how they interact with dogs and cats. They are
    a good source of protein, I hear. It's about -40F outside right now
    and they are hibernating. A local bumper sticker I have seen, up
    here "Salmon, The Other Pink Meat"
  10. hkruss

hkruss Active Member

Welcome Carne Frio. I'm guessing you must be in Fairbanks, AK. !!
  11. Carne Frio

Carne Frio Member

Thankyou ! And good guess. (the Un-banana Belt)