hi everyone, i'm back!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by HunterAlpha1, Aug 31, 2011.

1. HunterAlpha1

HunterAlpha1 Former Guest

my mom, sis and i went up to see friends in Michigan and avoid hurricane Irene, and got back early this morning. we had a great time up there, they have a good size piece of land so i got to shoot my guns right off their back porch, as well as teach my friend's sister how to shoot a gun.

one thing a re-learned was that a 12gauge loaded with 3" 00 buckshot with full choke kills at both ends:yikes::(:crazy:
    another, much nicer thing i learned was that an ak47's recoil is next to nothing when compared to a 12gauge:):cool::D:dance::ya::thumbsup::AR15firing:

sis and i drove home, changing drivers and letting the other rest, so we didn't end up having to stay in a hotel, though when we were about an hour and a half from home we had to stop at a rest area and rest for awhile as both of us were pretty tired.

all in all it was a great trip, we saw old friends and did some shooting, and for once we left a friend's house before we wore out our welcome(fish and company smell after three days -Benjamin Franklin).

so how did you guys weather the storm?
  2. jack404

jack404 Former Guest

Glad you and yours be ok , and AK's yeah nowhere near the recoil , try a FN/Fal type rifle next to compare , then turn the gas system OFF , it'll surprise ya ..
  3. permafrost

permafrost Active Member

Hardly noticed it here in Okla.! :D Glad you made it back ok. No disrespect intended to those of you who suffered from the storm.I sincerely hope not to many did.
  4. dad2thebone

dad2thebone New Member

glad you avoided the storm and y'all are safe. didn't even see a cloud in ca. and all my Fl family is ok. to those hit by it my prayers and thoughts are with you.