The Firearms Forum banner

Hi! I'm New here! Will be getting my new Ruger KMKIII678GC tomorrow..

Tags
ruger
3K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  GregH. 
#1 ·
I am a new shooter. :) I bought my first handgun (Ruger KMKIII512) on May 28th, and shot around 800 rounds through it at a local indoor range with my son, and a buddy of mine over a 2 week period. Great Fun!!

Well.... my buddy liked my 512 so much, I ended up selling it to him. So; I ordered a new KMKIII678GC. :D And; the funny thing is; that is the gun I was originally going to buy. The reason, I didn't the first time around was I was thinking of my wife, and figured the 512 would be a bit lighter for her. So; I went with the 512 (5 1/2" barrel) model. The plan was to follow up with the KMKIII678GC soon after! Ha! :eek:

When my buddy offered to buy the 512, I decided since the 678 weighed only 3 ounces more - no problem! So; I did it!

Saturday; my wife and I will go out shooting. I think she will do fine. If she finds the 678 a bit awkward, and she, indeed, does enjoy target shooting, we will look at another option for her.

#4 ·
Welcome to the forums! You'd better watch out though. I did the same thing with my wife, now she outshoots me and claims all my best guns. I don't know if they still make it, but Ruger used to make a short, tapered barrel version of the 22/45. My wife really liked the weight and balance of it. You are smart buying Rugers though. They are the best .22's on the market.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.