Hi-Point .380 acp Auto

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Deacon_Man, Oct 22, 2011.

1. mogunner

mogunner Active Member

I have had several Hi Points. They worked fine, were very accurate due to the fixed barrel design, and have a no questions asked lifetime warranty from the factory.

I sold them for a couple of reasons that I felt were defects in the design. One, with a round chambered, the striker is under full spring tension, held back by the tip of the sear alone, and the sear is not a very wide surface. Failure of the sear, or the rear of the striker would certainly result in an AD as there is no striker block safety, the safety only prevents the sear from being pulled down. The frame could hardly be called "polymer" in comparison to other offerings such as Glock, Sigma, etc, resembling more the plastic in a toy. The upper trigger pin for instance, is held in place by the straight pin having a slight bend near the end which wedges in place into the plastic.

They are about as concealable as a brick.
  2. north tex

north tex Member

The Hi-Point 9 mm would be better than the 380. Better round, more choice in ammo, and the ammo is cheaper. Especially since they are on the same frame.
  3. Deacon_Man

Deacon_Man Member

Thanks for all your advice. I bought my wife a Taurus .380 auto. It is small and fits her hand good. After a little range time, shes pretty good with it.
  4. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

Good to hear Deacon Man.
    My step-dad just got rid of his High Point in .380 for a .38 Special Revolver as he just
    got his CCW permit, and he couldnt be happier! I had shot his HP a few times and it shot
    well, but for carrying....wasnt my idea for a carry gun, waayyyyy too bulky.