Hi Point vs. 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by hogger129, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

One of my friends I shoot with has another friend who has a Hi Point .45 that he says shoots as well as my Loaded Springfield.

In what ways, other than price and warranty, is a Hi Point as good as a Loaded Springfield?
  2. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

Are we on Candid Camera ? This has to be a joke or drug testing is in order.
  3. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

I just have a friend of a friend who thinks his Hi Point .45 can outshoot my Loaded Springfield. I told him to join me on the range, but he refuses.
  4. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

maybe his hi point can outshoot your 1911. but a hi point will not outlast a 1911
  5. old semperfi

old semperfi New Member

i live in southern indiana,old country boy at hear
    i think the possibility of the hi-point out shooting a 1911 platform has as much chance as a fart in a windstorm.however i am proud that your friend is happy with what he has.i think any handgunner that shoots enough with one gun will make up some of its failings simply by being consistant.i am sure that if he is given a quality pistol such as the 1911 to shoot,he will not shoot it as well at first as his own gun. old semperfi
  6. Boris

Boris Former Guest

Proof is in the puddin'

I have seen Hi points shoot very well though. I bet a Hi point in a good shooters hands will out shoot any 1911 in a poor shooters hands. FWIW most hipoints do have good triggers. My brother has had a 9mm Hi point since 1993 and it is still shooting very good.

It might be possible, but not probable, I mean after all I have seen Glocks out shoot 1911s :p, but thats only because I was shooting the Glock.. Oh man I am just full of it tonight lol......
  7. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

Now thats funny....:D
  8. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Ummmmm:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:
    Does your friend smoke crack? When he means out shoot does he mean out last or more accurate?
    I don't dog the Hi Points like some but has he even considered the Harley over a bad piece of land trigger pull that the Hi Point has?
    If he's comparing a 1911 to a Hi Point then either your Springfield is a real dog or he smokes something illegal. I smell smoke;)
  9. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

I think he likes the smell of spraypaint and has prolly only ever owned a hi-point. Hi-point pistols go boom and thats about it... Their carbines are as accurate as a good quality pistol and their pistols are well, doin good to hit hi center chest at 10 feet. What a joker...
  10. AngelDeville

AngelDeville New Member

I have a Hi-Point 9mm AND a 1911, the biggest difference is I wouldn't cry if I dropped my Hi-Point.
  11. 312shooter

312shooter Active Member

Yep, and he huffed a bit too much of that painted gun.......
  12. JetGirl

JetGirl Member

All I can say is that Monday a Hi-Point came in as a transfer and when we took it out of the box to log it in, it rattled. Not just something loose inside...LOTS of somethings loose inside! If there was a part that was supposed to be tight, the wiggles said otherwise.
    Guy came in to pick it up...THOROUGHLY happy with it for the price; wiggles, rattles, and all.
    I can only imagine how it was gonna shoot...I'm glad I don't have to find out.
  13. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

plus they are like 3 feet in diameter and not a very comfortable grip. feels like holding the wrong end of a baseball bat...
  14. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I think too many people look at the slides of pistols when they think about what holidng them would be like. They look at Glock slides and say they feel like blocks:confused:. The grip on hipoints is actualy pretty darn comfy and far from the feel of the bell of a bat..

Just my take.
  15. johnlives4christ

johnlives4christ Former Guest

you always make me laugh