Hi Point vs. 1911

Discussion in 'The 1911 Forum' started by hogger129, Oct 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. msujmccorm

msujmccorm New Member

I have shot both the carbine and the pistol. Granted I don't shoot for a living but neither one have given any problems other than the magazine spring. The company promptly sent replacement magazines. It's amazes me that some people make negative comments that seem to be based on opinions not experience. I believe when someone asks here for advice or opinions the responses should be based on real experiences.
  2. Jay

Jay New Member

That would be nice, but unfortunately, on the internet, you'll find that some folks don't have any real experiences.... but that fact doesn't prevent them from having opinions that you're supposed to take as gospel. :rolleyes:
  3. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

I wasn't trashing Hi-Points, I own a 995ts carbine and its a good shooter and have been tempted to buy one of the 9mm pistols. A 1911 is a 1911 and a hi-point is a hipoint, if it goes bang when you pull the trigger thats good..:D
  4. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Two of the finest of my cities dirtbags were done in by hi-points (9mm):Dand ball ammo. Ball ammo will follow the bone right to the heart like a roadmap.
  5. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Post a picture of a 25 yard group with a "Hi Point" pistol, I need a good laugh.
  6. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

When I found out I would be evaluating Hi-Point pistols, I posted a question concerning them on a shooter's Internet forum I use on a regular basis. I received a total of 18 responses from persons who either owned or knew someone who owned a Hi-Point pistol. Of them, 17 were completely positive. Now, I know this is hardly a scientific survey, but I still found the responses most enlightening.

When it came time to conduct my own shooting evaluation of the Hi-Point pistols, my father and I went to my gun club. Pacing off 15 yards, I set up a series of Birchwood/Casey Shoot-N-C targets, and we proceeded to fire three five-shot groups with each ammunition load.

We found the two pistols more accurate than either of us had at first assumed; most of our groups were in the sub-three-inch range. With the .45-caliber Hi-Point Model JHP, honorable mention goes to Winchester's 185-grain Silvertip load, which consistently printed the tightest groups, while the .40-caliber Model JCP showed a definite preference for Remington 155-grain JHP loads.
    The vast majority of the rounds I sent downrange found their way to the high scoring rings of their respective targets. In fact, close examination of the targets showed that only two rounds were outside the X- or 10-ring with each pistol. You can say that the Hi-Point pistols are inexpensive, but don't ever say they don't shoot. They shoot darn well!....... NOT MY WORDS, this was taken from SHOOTING TIMES GUN REVIEW OF A COUPLE HI-POINTS
  7. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

ROTFLMFAO !!!!

I think you must have been reading "High Times"
  8. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

very intelligent reply..... NOT , and while you're having fun talking non-sense, keep in mind you were asked to give real life expiences with hi-points . do you have something to share or is your opinion based on what ever muddled concept you have rattleing around in your head. or are you as i put it in a prior post a gun snob..... i could continue to show countless reviews share real life examples but it's a battle of wits and i don't do battle with the unarmed , witless and clueless is no way to go through life
  9. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

My Cousin has one, and it is junk.

And before you tell me how great their customer service is, I'll tell you why...

They get plenty of practice.
  10. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

that doesn't discount the thousands of happy owners of hi-points..... i once bought a colt delta elite 10mm it turned out to be junk, the frame cracked after 200 rounds. i'm i to assume all colts are junk? my point to all this being is the hi-point as inexpensive as it is and as ugly as it is and yes they handle like a brick , they have there place, they offer the poor& have nots a tool to provide protection to themselves and their loved ones without skipping a month of rent in order to afford a gun....my opinion matters very little this is the opinion of gun writters in various magazines that have tested these things,
  11. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

You user name tells the whole story...

You prefer Bologna, I prefer Steak.
  12. oscarmayer

oscarmayer New Member

i own well over 75 guns non of which is a hi-point, i have sold a few hi-points and had a 9mm and 45 as rental guns at the shop. would i ever own a hi-point nope i see no need to , i can afford any gun i want but my point is not everyone can. is that to hard a concept for you to grasp ? i'm happy you're able to afford something with a higher status and it's a shame not everyone can, do you think the poor shouldn't have the right to defend themselves ? or because your cousin had a issue with a gun that has a life time guarantee they should stop selling them. the numbers have been crunched the results are in for better or worse they work and isn't that the main issue.
  13. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

Is "Hi Point" paying you to be their Mighty Crusader?

LMAO !!!!
  14. msujmccorm

msujmccorm New Member

Simply amazing
  15. Boris

Boris Former Guest

I agree. This forum is one of the better ones out there. I can see how some of these 1911 guys think this way. On some forums this attitude is needed unless you want to be banned.

I had two 1911s. one was as reliable as a hi point and just as accurate. The other was a pile of junk SA could not fix in three trips back. My brothers hipoint is still around and just asgood 17 years later.

I own neither. my bets are ten highpoints up against ten various 1911s will mean more hipoints will run more reliable straight from the box....

Seen enough of both to know it..
  16. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

I'll let you in on a little secret... I dont own a 1911 either. :eek:
  17. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

YES---- Three pages!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  18. hogger129

hogger129 Active Member

jeez look what i started...

all i really wanted to ask was how does a 1911 stack up compared to a hi-point?
    Last edited: Oct 19, 2010
  19. DogRanger

DogRanger New Member

Like I said...If it goes bang when you pull the trigger its good...now lock this thread.
  20. MagnumFan

MagnumFan Former Guest

"Hi Point" pistols might go bang, but their accuracy is HORRENDOUS.