Hi Point

Discussion in 'Large-Bore/Small-Bore Rifle/Shotgun' started by warpig, Feb 24, 2003.

1. warpig

warpig Guest

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/24/01 2:09:38 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del All Hi Point
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know about the firearms? Good, bad????

Thanks

twins

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/24/01 4:38:23 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hi Point
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Made in Ohio,lifetime warranty,hand guns will not handle hot loads,carbines are fun/not
    serious shooters,bottom of food chain,poor fit and finish,better off sending me the money
    instead,better to save your money and put it towards a real gun,would not trust one to save
    my life with it,preferred by gang bangers for cheap cost,would make a cheap plink/camp gun,
    some come w/factory laser. www.hi-pointfirearms.com

MKS supply 5990 Philadelphia Dr. Dayton,Ohio 45415

Sorry twins,no opinion.

SxS

PS Note to members that have not had the pleasure of meeting,Twins is a MAN,not a woman
    with big puppies as I had hoped before meeting him,tricked me with that user name ..............

twins
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/24/01 5:50:04 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Hi Point
    hehehe, Thanks SXSMAN. I like that thought you was thinkin.

How's the shoulder? Had a chance to get out and do any BP shooting? I keep thinking I need to get one of those new "200" yard inline jobbies... Nah, if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Thanks for the info on the brand. I was checking for my brother. He just bought a Springfield Ultra compact and was curious about these guns.

SXSMAN
    V.I.P. Member
    (10/24/01 6:27:22 am)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: Hi Point
    To be honest,shoulder has gotten worse.Go for MRI next Monday.Had a week off and had
    hoped it would help,got worse.Was up at 4 am cause I couldn't speep because of it.
    I haven't tried to pull my cross-bow back yet (Bow is OUT of question!) am hoping I can.

Aint nuttin gonna keep me from smokepoles and SxS pheasant shootin!
  2. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

hey guys i actually heard alot about hi point an they make sum pretty decent guns for the money , ive also seen them take a hell of a beating an still function right ,
  3. Shooter45

Shooter45 *Administrator* Staff Member

This post is almost 10 years old. At the time, Hi Point was producing some junk, customer service was lousy and the pistols were jamamatics.

The company finally got serious and now produce a working pistol with a good warranty. Stay away from the older model Hi Point pistols, they're JUNK.
  4. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Since about once a month or so we have someone who comes along and asks if hi-points are any good or not, we should probably have a thread that takes people right to all of the discussion we have had on high points. I could be wrong on once a month, it might be once a week? Anyhow, there is probably a books worth of posts on the subject.
  5. hunter29180

hunter29180 Well-Known Member

its the ecomomy! new shooters are looking to start with a low cost weapon. and no, the cost of many used weapons are not anywhere as low as the HI Points. wish they were!
  6. group17

group17 New Member

I always enjoy the hi point treads each week (no maybe daily).

The number of people that read them is amazing.
    The number of people that don't research them is also amazing.

The answers are always,
    1. Cheap pistol that works.
    2. The carbine is better than the pistol.
    3. Total piece of crap, save your money for something better.
    4. Would you bet your family's life on it?
    5. Ugly, too heavy, pot metal boat anchor.

Did I miss anything?
  7. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

You really didnt miss anything, but you could have added that most people that knock them never owned one.
  8. group17

group17 New Member

Thanks I did forget one after all.
  9. EVERETT

EVERETT New Member

yeah i didnt see how old this post was lol , but im considering buying 2 hi points but i am also reconsidering it to