hi points? any good?

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by gendoikari87, Jan 20, 2011.

1. Full auto

Full auto New Member

Mar 1, 2011
    Wow! Where did you get those Grips? I didn't know that anyone made wood grips
    for Hi Points. There is something beautiful about a Steel Barrel and Wooden Grips.
    I'd like to get a pair for my C-9.

2. group17

group17 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    He makes them for all hi-point pistols and other manufacturers as well.

Has a nice selection of woods to choose from plus he is reasonable.

Thomas Grips.
    406-20-9140
    jnathomas08@ yahoo.com

The owners name is Josh.

3. I would rather have a used Ford than a new Kia, and I would MUCH rather have a Star B, BM, BKM, Helwan Brigadier, LLama, USED than a new HiPoint. Sorry, I just cant warm up to them. Notice, not being the proverbial HiPoint Hating Elitist, I didnt say a Lincoln, Caddy, or Walther or Korth. :)

4. group17

group17 Member

Apr 30, 2010
    When was the last time you drove a KIA?
    The new ones are getting great reviews and the company is seeing 20% growth during last 2 years recession unlike Ford. I had a used Ford Contour. Now that was a great example of Ford engineering.

A new hi-point comes with a lifetime warranty so that if any thing goes wrong with it it's fixed free. None of the guns you listed do and I would not want to be hunting down parts for any on your list. If you don't mind and can fix all of the guns mentioned, go for it. I handled a used Egyptian Helwan Brigadier at my LGD. I'll stick with the hi-point that comes with a warranty just like my car.
    To each his own.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2011
  5. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Feb 27, 2009
    Knoxville Tennessee
    Them Ohio boys at high point done just what they wanted to with that firearm. They wanted to build a reliable, durable, afforadable firearm. Couple that with the best customer service in the industry and a no questions asked policy on equipment malfunctions, what is not like about this firearm?

6. J.D. Bass

J.D. Bass New Member

Mar 12, 2011
    Michigan
    They may be tough, reliable, accurate ex............ But DAD GONE they are ugly. For me a gun of any kind has to pass the "beauty contest". But, I'm a guy who already has guns. I guess I can be a little pickier. :) Just my opinion