Hi Standard date of mfg?

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by mkeBob, Apr 3, 2006.

1. mkeBob

mkeBob New Member

Hi all. I'm new to this forum, so please direct me if not in the correct area, or on how to do a search to get more information.

I own a Hi Standard Supermatic Citation Military model 106 with the serial number of 196534x that I purchased used at a gun show about four years ago. I want to learn when this pistol was manufactured and a location to purchase additional magazines, original or after market, a copy of the owners manual, and possibly the current estimated value. Condition is 95-98%.

Thanks for your help,
    Bob
  2. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

According to SGVictors pages, your serial number is dated 1968. You can go to his web site and download a manual for your pistol. He has assembled a lot of great data there on Hi Standards.

http://www.histandard.info/manuals/
  3. RJay

RJay Well-Known Member

For magazines try e-gunparts or also gunparts.com.
  4. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

Welcome Bob,

A more precise date can be determined from the complete serial number.
    Although it appears that the guns were generally assembled in numerical sequence, the shipments were not and some guns remained in inventory for weeks, months, or even years between assembly and shipment. The only valid way to determine the shipping date is by researching the individual serial number in the factory records. I have a first Olympic that shipped in 1976, 26 years after it was made.

Do not purchase aftermarket magazines unless you are determined to be disappointed with their peformance. Het originals from eBay or one oth the other on-line gun places. There is a Wayne Davis article about the after market magazines on my website at http://www.histandard.info/datapublic/Articles/ There is an additional file of enlarged photos from Wayne's article in the menu. The new High Standard in Houston is finallly offering a new magazine (their old ones were not soo hot) that has had several favorable reviews. These "good" magazines are marked with the letter "A" as shown in the Fred Valenti photos on the same menu.

Value, assuming it has an original magazine, would be in the $475 -$575 range according to the 2005 Blue Book and $470-$570 in teh 2006 Blue Book. If you have the optional weights or muzzle brake, these would add to the value as would the original box.
  5. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

Hello RJay,

The magazines from Numrich Gun Parts Corp are unlikely to be originals and as such are likely to disappoint.
  6. mkeBob

mkeBob New Member

Thanks guys. I appreciate your help........Bob