Hi-Standard

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by dcriner, Oct 16, 2011.

1. dcriner

dcriner Member

I have a .22 revolver, bought new in the late 1960s. A lot of fun to shoot. It's double action, but I shoot it single action. Were Hi-Standards particularly well thought of? They must have been very reasonably priced, or I wouldn't have bought it back then :)
    Last edited: Oct 16, 2011
  2. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

Is it a ''camp-nine'' or the ''western-nine'' that loks like a single action revolver? I have the camp nine and it will shoot double action half the time. Its been around the block but it is still accurate.
  3. gdmoody

gdmoody Moderator Supporting Member

I have a High Standard "Double Nine" western style that is single action only.

High Standard makes some fine guns in my opinion.
  4. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

I'll second that...:)

I've got a 1939 High Standard model B that flat out is more precise than ANY pistol I've ever owned.
    Even beat my Buckmark Target at the range...then I did some research & found out that
    High Standard of CT is the ONLY US pistol manufacturer to EVER win Olympic Gold. So yeah, you could say they're pretty good!!
    Shot this snake out of a tree at about 20-odd feet above me while he was moving deeper into cover...he didn't make it ;)
    Note the exit wound...
  5. jrinfoley

jrinfoley New Member

I have two that I inherited. A Double Nine and a Sentinal model. The Sentinal is much more refined than the Double Nine and a better shooter, but both function flawlessly.

Pictured here along with a Ruger Single Six I inherited as well.

[​IMG]