1. newbee

newbee New Member

Just signed up on this forum, I found it while look for information on Muzzel loading question about lubing Menie Balls. Thanks for the info I found and just wanted to introduce myself. I have just bought my first black powder rifle, and so I am sure I will ask alot of dumb questions. Oh just for starters the rifle I bought is a CVA Wolf Magnum In-Line. any comments?
  2. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Welcome, newbee. Can't comment on your purchase, as I shoot only traditional types. There are many who shoot the CVA's, and I'm sure they'll welcome with advice and comments.
  3. fmacsin1

fmacsin1 New Member

Welcome aboard, newbee! I'm not that well versed on those guns. My dad was into it; tried it once<-- you'll notice I said once!
  4. newbee

newbee New Member

I am almost afaird to ask, why only once? Was it that bad?
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Muzzle loading is not for everyone. For some, it is a fussy, dirty, painstaking hobby. For others, it is a fussy, dirty, painstaking hobby that is the enjoyment of "shootin' dirty." :D

Pops
  6. newbee

newbee New Member

Well that doesn't sound all that bad dirty, messy, and painstaking sounds just like my other hobby of gold panning. So this should fit right in with it don't you think. Atleast I don't have to be knee deep in snow melt bent over for hours at a time. With ML I will atleast get to stand up right.
  7. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Yes...ALWAYS necessary before shaving them...
    Might i recommend some Bryl Cream as a base AND a good quality shaving cream such as Barbasol...?

mike
    gn
  8. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

How menie balls do you have to lube?:p
  9. newbee

newbee New Member

I didn't know that they still made bricream. I thought it had gone the way of berma shave signs and my hair.
  10. newbee

newbee New Member

Well I have got any yet to lube, but I was thinking about try to cast some of my own.
  11. cycloneman

cycloneman Active Member

newbee

just wanted to say welcom to the forum. a couple of us like a laugh or two when the opportunity presents itself. I too am only a one timer at muzzleloading. Did not know if i would like it so I bought a Cabelas special and took it hunting once. Sold the rifle for 75.00. At the end of the day when everyone shot off their guns mine did not shoot. That was it for me. Inline no inline, crossive, dirty, nope not for me.

Bow hunting is not for me eighter.

hang in there i am sure you will get some replys to your thread, and dont be a stranger.
  12. glocknut

glocknut New Member

Well its been a few years. The last plastic bottle of bryl cream i bought was about 7 years ago or there about? It prevented me from getting a good shave on my beard so i stopped using it.

By the way... WELCOME TO THE FORUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Sorry that i don't know anything about black powder...

mike
    gn
  13. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

Q - Is shootin a muzzloader dirty?
    A - Only if you are doin it right!
    w/ apologies to mr. allen
  14. newbee

newbee New Member

Thank you for the welcome, and about dirty thats ok my other hobbie of gold panning is dirty too. Oh I don,t know how to attach a picture to a post yet, but if you can go to my photo album on this site there a picture to make any ML hunter ichy. I was up the canyon visting a place for panning and came across these guys in the picture. Boy I wished it was in season and I had a tag!

I just tried to attach the picture?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2009