1. Get Gear'd Up! Enter to WIN $1000 in gear!

Please Click Here for full details and to enter. You will need to be registered and logged in to view the details and to participate.

Thanks and good luck to everyone

hidden guns?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by 22dave, Apr 18, 2008.

1. 22dave

22dave New Member

How do you keep a shotgun handy but hidden from the casual burglar?
  2. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Keep it close or keep it locked is my philosophy. We have a shotgun for home protection and when I am not in the home it is locked up. I carry concealed very often (Taurus .380) so even when coming home I am armed. When I am getting ready for bed I will usually get it from the safe and place it by the bed.
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Low-effort: Put it behind a tapestry on the wall. A religious tapesty works best.
  4. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    There are doo-dads for sale that can hang the shotgun at the foot of your bed, behind the footboard but hidden by your bedspread. Or, you can make your own - they use wedge a couple of support rods or boards between your mattress and box spring.

A shotgun with a folded buttstock can also be decently concealed inside a suitcoat or such in a crowded closet. The foot of the bed rig seems like a better idea than the closet, to be honest.

Better alarm the house, though: the first place a burglar goes is the bedroom, and they look for guns. A horrible alarm ringing might encourage burglars to shorten their stay, provided that you live somewhere suburban/urban where there's a chance that someone will actually respond.