hidden guns?

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by 22dave, Apr 18, 2008.

1. 22dave

22dave New Member

How do you keep a shotgun handy but hidden from the casual burglar?
  2. Xaiver56

Xaiver56 New Member

Keep it close or keep it locked is my philosophy. We have a shotgun for home protection and when I am not in the home it is locked up. I carry concealed very often (Taurus .380) so even when coming home I am armed. When I am getting ready for bed I will usually get it from the safe and place it by the bed.
  3. Oneida Steve

Oneida Steve Active Member

Low-effort: Put it behind a tapestry on the wall. A religious tapesty works best.
  4. Erich

Erich New Member

Albuquerque NM USA - 6000' above sea level
    There are doo-dads for sale that can hang the shotgun at the foot of your bed, behind the footboard but hidden by your bedspread. Or, you can make your own - they use wedge a couple of support rods or boards between your mattress and box spring.

A shotgun with a folded buttstock can also be decently concealed inside a suitcoat or such in a crowded closet. The foot of the bed rig seems like a better idea than the closet, to be honest.

Better alarm the house, though: the first place a burglar goes is the bedroom, and they look for guns. A horrible alarm ringing might encourage burglars to shorten their stay, provided that you live somewhere suburban/urban where there's a chance that someone will actually respond.