High Standard clip

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by fourtimedad, Oct 22, 2009.

1. fourtimedad

fourtimedad New Member

I have a High Standard Model E semi, does anyone know where i can find spare clips? This was given to me by my wife's Uncle. beautiful gun to shoot. Also i was wondering if someone might know the value to this so i can have it insured.
  2. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Last edited: Oct 22, 2009
  3. fourtimedad

fourtimedad New Member

Thanks, No i live in Vermont one of the few states with awesome gun ownership rights. Would you happen to know how i can find a value for insurance?
  4. Helix_FR

Helix_FR Active Member

Someone might know better than me but probably $600-800 depending on condition. Is this "The Victor" model?
  5. fourtimedad

fourtimedad New Member

If it doesn't say it on it then probably not. it has a 4-1/2" barrel and the blueing is nearly perfect except for a tiny wear at the tip of the barrel. I have the original box as well. Here are a few pics.

Attached Files:

6. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

That is a model E type I-B which is the early version of that gun. The short barrel is less common than the long barrel version and teh type I-B is less common than the type II. This type I-B was probably made between May 1938 and August 1939. Value might be in the $950 to $1150 range.

No, this is not the Victor model which was not introduced until February 1971
  7. mr.t7024

mr.t7024 Member

Look up High Standard on line, the guns are being manufactured in Texas now. I bought 2 clips from them for my Supermatic S-101 which is over 50 tears old. They told me they carry all the clips. good luck.
  8. fourtimedad

fourtimedad New Member

Thank you for your help
  9. Oohrah

Oohrah New Member

I knew they were back up and putting out a few models of pistols again.
    That pistol loooks like a ringer for the Model HD Military, except more highly finished.