High Standard Clone information

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by skoda, Apr 9, 2004.

1. skoda

skoda New Member

Recently saw a forum question about H-S clones and have done some research since purchasing a Mitchell Citation II a few weeks ago. I also have an original H-S Sharpshooter and the Mitchell is the better finished pistol, both externally and internally. Function and accuracy using the Mitchell and H-S mags is perfect. I have read many negative posts, trashing H-S clones and was somewhat apprehensive when I first saw the Mitchell but it called to me from the display case with a like new appearance and a great price, fit and finish are excellent. Some time ago I saw a H-S book in Germany and the author wrote, that after H-S closed a H-S production engineer teamed up with An oil industry engineering company named Pastucek Industries, in Ft. Worth TX and using two state of the art computer controlled milling machines, imported from Germany and using quality materials began producing Mitchell, Stoeger and Fort Worth Firearms (all H-S clones). This production continued until they were sued by a Mr. Aaronstein, who had purchased the H-S named and who also began producing H-S pistols that initially had spotty quality. I'm not sure of the current production quality but the prices are up around S&W mod. 41 levels. The models produced by Pastucek were: Mitchell, Victor II, Trophy II, Citation II, Sharpshooter II, Sport King II, and Olympic I.S.U./ Stoeger: Pro Series 95, 7 1/4"
    fluted, 5 1/2 bull and 5 1/2 vented. Am not sure what models were made for Fort Worth Firearms. Hope this information is helpful and if anyone chances upon a H-S clone for a good price, don't hesitate. I'm certainly pleased with my Mitchell.
    Big Shrek likes this.
  2. renaissance7697

renaissance7697 New Member

Confirming > Mitchells are GOOD!

skoda:

I Totally agree with your evaluation of the Mitchell.
    The only fault I have with them (mine ) is the adjustment screws on the rear sight.
    They WALK !..... Badly !
    I think I may have the Problem fixed with "VibraTite".

(PS Thank you for the heads up e-mail)
    renaissance
  3. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Thanks skoda! I didn't know anything about them...now I do...;)
  4. KeithK

KeithK New Member

I have owned a Mitchell Trophy II in stainless for several years. I've used it in a 22 Bullseye League. Fit and finish are excellent as is accuracy. Reliability equals my HS Citation and Victor that is make sure the magazines are properly tuned.

Only complaint is the plastic base on the magazine. Broke one and am having great fun trying to pin it and secure it with JB Weld. On my second repair now.

I certainly wouldn't turn my nose up at a Mitchell.
  5. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

I have no opinion about the clones but you have the history wrong.

Pastucek made the Mitchells and the Fort Worth Firearms. Mitchell used the old High Stadanrd model names until he lost the suits and then he used different names before discontinuing sales. Mitchell countersued High Standard Houston but lost both suits. Stoeger and Pastucek were also sued. The suits were about Trade Dress. Pastucek sold Fort Worth Firearms marked guns after Mitchell dropped out.

Aimco of Houston made the Stoeger clones.

http://www.histandard.info/PDF/High Standard and clones production.pdf
    Big Shrek likes this.
  6. wmmarsh

wmmarsh New Member

Attached is a pic of my Fort Worth clone. It is a great pistol to look at and to shoot. Bad mouthed by people who are tied to Conn, don't own one, or have another axe to grind. Notice the dual extractors, unique to this pistol. Markings are script "H&S", "MASTER", s/n 11078. A real firing line attraction!

Attached Files:

7. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

Wow, they copied that down to the last detail, didn't they?
    Good looking!
  8. bigjerk

bigjerk New Member

I have a Pastusek Industries .22 long Victor ser#11027 Made in USA Fort Worth,Texas. Any info on this pistol or company would be great thanks
  9. flyingtiger85

flyingtiger85 Well-Known Member

As long as it's not a "Jam-o-matic" who cares what people think.I like it,nice looking gun.