High Standard Double Nine Disassembly

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by CountryGunsmith, Feb 23, 2003.

1. CountryGunsmith

CountryGunsmith New Member

Cricket67
    (2/21/02 6:31:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del All High Standard Double Nine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Can anyone help me to take apart my High Standard Double nine so I can reblue it? I am having trouble taking out the cylinder and barrel.

AntiqueDr
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/21/02 6:47:33 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del
    ezSupporter
    Re: High Standard Double Nine
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Not very much of that gun can be blued. The barrels are pinned to the frame. The pin is located on the frame between the cylinder face and the barrel shoulder. Removal is not advisable unless you need to replace the barrel.

Are you trying to remove the cylinder and crane assembly as a unit, or are you trying to disassemble the cylinder?

We Buy Guns! 1 - 100, Antique or Modern!
    www.apaxenterprises.com

Cricket67
    (2/21/02 7:03:27 pm)
    Reply | Edit | Del Re: High Standard Double Nine
    I figured as much with the barrel and did not attempt to do this. However, I would like to get the cylinder out at least.
    I noticed that only the barrel, cylinder, and hammer are blued, and I think the frame is a mat blue finish like my CZ, like a parkerized finish but more grey. Any tips on this as well?
    Thanks,