The Firearms Forum banner

High Standard M100

4K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  3/2 STA SS 
#1 ·
I have an old High Standard Duramatic M100. This .22 has probably had a million rounds through it and still shoots very smooth and accurate. It was my uncles and he gave it to me about 10 years ago. It has some wear on it and the grip is cracked and missing a small piece of the grip. The picture below shows the crack. My buddy is looking for a good shooting used .22 for his wife and son to shoot. What kind of cash or trade value would something like this be worth? Thanks

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Jmuncy250:

For your information your Hi Std was the absolute bottom of Hi Std's line at the time. It did not share any design features or parts with the iconic target Hi Std's. That does not mean it is not a nice gun but it means it has little collector value which is what drives the used price on these guns. In short, it's no gold mine.

It is only worth what its worth as a well used shooter. I am no expert on pricing but I'd not give much more than $100 to $150 for it and I am NOT a collector. Others may have a better idea of the market for these particular guns based on experience but to me and any collector don't expect a premium price for it especially if you can easily detect that it has been used excessively. Condition drives any gun pricing.

Since it was in your family and it is a good 22LR handgun I suggest you keep it for sentimental value. You can never have enough known good 22 pistols.

LDBennett

#4 ·
I pretty much agree with LD on his assessment. I wouldnt go any higher than 200 on it...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.