high standard magazines

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by gunfreakboy, Mar 18, 2006.

1. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Since I will be picking up my High Standard Field King .22 this week , I have been shopping for mags. Most of the listings I have found are for models other than the Field King. Can anybody tell me what will interchange. Thanks.
  2. SGVictor

SGVictor Member

The early Field Kings were shipped with finger style magazines and near the end of the lever name series, they were shipped with the lip style magazines. All models in the series used the same magazines. Later High Standard sold lip style magazines as a substitute for the obsolete lip style magazines.

After market lip style magazines have a bad reputation. I don't have enough feedback avout aftermarket finger style magazines but personally I wouldn't gamble on them.
  3. stash247

stash247 New Member

GFB, talk to me. What kind of grip does your pistol have? Is it an early, slanted grip, or the later, M-1911 angle grip? Is the Mag release in the heel of the grip, or a stirrup, on the front side?
    While the G-.380 is out of the fold, due to caliber, if you will tell me what you got, and what you need, I'll try to put it together, for you.
    The late supermatic military mags work just fine, in earlier, even, much earlier, pistols, with only a few strokes of the file; they will still work in their original weapons, as well.
    All of these pistols, regardless of grip angle, used the same feed angle, in the mag, itself. Tell me what you got, tell me what you need, and I'll talk you thu the mods.
    P.S. Yes, I'm a bit queer for the Marque; They were, and are, the finest target repeater ever built!
  4. gunfreakboy

gunfreakboy New Member

Hey Stash, I posted some pics in my is it worth it post and appreciate your help. It has a bottom release. Pics should tell all.