High Standard Model 34 - Will Not Eject Spent Brass

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by l1coeea9, Feb 15, 2012.

1. l1coeea9

l1coeea9 New Member

I've still got my .22 cal rifle that I bought as a 14-year old. I'm trying to get it fully operational again but it will not eject the spent brass. I load one LR cartridge at a time but the spent brass ends up sideways jammed in front of the bolt. The bolt return spring seems to be of the right strength and not stopping the bolt from being forced completly back. I'm studying the claw extractor with a magnifying glass and the two "claws" are not symetrical, but I don't know what a new extractor would look like. I've cleaned the mechanisms up and everything seems to move smoothly as you work the bolt. I'm not sure how the brass is supposed to be ejected.
    Any advice would be appreciated.
  2. Jim K

Jim K New Member

There is an ejector that is pinned into the trigger group. It is possible that the extractors are not gripping the case hard enough or that the ejector is broken/missing.

Go to www.gunpartscorp.com and there should be a diagram for the H-S Model 34. The ejector is part number 51. Compare the picture with your gun and you may be able to tell what is wrong and order the part if necessary.

Jim
  3. l1coeea9

l1coeea9 New Member

Thanks for the fast, accurate reply. The ejector is missing as you suggested. I'll be in touch with the parts supplier you noted.