High Standard Model B Disassembly Problem

Discussion in 'Technical Questions & Information' started by davidt777, Jun 19, 2011.

1. davidt777

davidt777 New Member

I'm having trouble disassembling a new to me Model B with Type II takedown (round button on top). I pull the slide back, hold the button in, and move the slide back forward. This part is working fine as the spring is compressed and the slide moves freely. But when I try to move the slide back with the takedown lever held down, the slide is not released and will not come off. The takedown lever feels right and does spring back into place. Any idea how to fix this? The guns shoots so well that I would like to put it to use and clean it every once in a while. I have an HD Military with the same takedown setup and I'm able to operate it fine, so I don't think I'm doing it wrong. Thanks for any advice!

Dave
  2. davidt777

davidt777 New Member

3. deadin

deadin Well-Known Member

Should work pretty much the same as your HD Military. Sometimes the H-S with an internal hammer can hang up a little on the hammer. I know on mine I have to depress the hammer before I can get the slide to ride over it when replacing the slide.
    Have you tried just giving it a sharp pull when removing?? (With the takedown lever fully depressed.)
  4. zomborama

zomborama New Member