The Firearms Forum banner

High Standard Model HB

13K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  TheGunClinger 
#1 ·
Hello,
I have a question that I hope you all can answer. My Father-in-law is gravely ill and I was given his High Standard Model HB to "look after". It's in great shape but needs cleaning. Is there a way to remove the slide? I have a Sport King that's a dream to disassemble and clean but on his I have no clue. Can anyone help me here or tell me where I might get a manual?
Thanks,
Russ

#2 ·
You can look here to download a manual from our TFF memeber SGVictor who's web site this is. He is our resident HS expert. Your pistol is the Model B with an exposed Hammer, hence the Model HB.

http://www.histandard.info/manuals/

Welcome to TFF.

If you want a quick and dirty explanation on takedown, make sure the gun is empty and the magazine removed. Cock the hammer. Pull the slide all the way to the rear and press the button on top of the slide. Holding the button, return the slide to the forward positiion. The spring should now be compressed. If not, redo the last step. Now, while holding the slide, depress the slide releas lever on the left side of the frame and pull the slide off the rear. Clean away! Make sure you do not release the slide spring from being compressed.

IPT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.