High Standard-Supermatic Citation-M107

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Birky, Jul 1, 2011.

1. Birky

Birky New Member

This was passed on to me by my father, I love this ole gal. Unfortunately I managed to lose the front sight blade while in the woods a few years ago and recently the one and only magazine I had for it was stolen by some jerk-off:mad:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have no idea where to find reliable parts for it and would love some input, i can't find a single factory mag anywhere, is there ANY aftermarket ones that will function/feed properly?

Would the FS blade be difficult to find?

Birk
  2. dusty9

dusty9 New Member

High Standard Mfg Co in Houston, Texas is the current manufacturer of High Standard pistols and replacement parts for them.

http://www.highstandard.com/

I have a M107 Supermatic Trophy Military that is about 35 years old and purchased a spare magazine from High Standard in Houston. It is perfect. Be aware that all High Standard pistols are very finicky about their magazines. A lot of aftermarket magazines look identical but most of them have feeding problems.

I would (and did) call High Standard to order the magazine and had my pistol at hand to give them all the numbers and info they might need. I am confident they will have any part you might need for your pistol.
  3. Birky

Birky New Member

Wow don't I feel stupid...:rolleyes:
    Had no idea they still produced parts for these. I thought I had searched thoroughly..

Many thanks Dusty:D
  4. Spitfiresubgun

Spitfiresubgun New Member

Hey dont forget to go to

http://www.gunpartscorp.com/

I have picked up barrels and sights there too.

[​IMG][/IMG]

My Supermatic Citation M 107
    Note factory threaded barrel, had an adapter made to use my .223 can threaded for 1/2X28

Close up of the front site the compensator is cut around it so the base sticks up above it.

[​IMG][/IMG]
    Last edited: Jul 4, 2011
  5. V509

V509 Member

I have a muzzlebreak for sale if you are interested
  6. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Brownells is the outlet for Houston Texas High Standard parts. You can get 107 parts readily from them.

As for magazines the only new magazines that work reliably in a Hi Std are the current ones made by Texas Hi Std that you can get through Brownells or directly. Only buy the ones with a metal base plate. The lips have to be hardened or they will not stay in "tune". These guns have no feed ramp and the cartridges feed directly from the magazine lips to the chamber. Any problem with the lips and the gun can fail to reliably feed ammo.

If you have magazines that need adjustment see this web site:

http://home.roadrunner.com/~jbarta/otherstuff.html

jaybar is an excellent source of information and does gunsmithing on Hi Std pistols. Texas Hi Std also repairs old Hi Std's (for a fee of course, same as jaybar).

Under no circumstances are Triple K magazines an acceptable replacement or anyone else's for that matter.

LDBennett
  7. BETH

BETH Well-Known Member

looks like u have shopping to do
  8. bobski

bobski Former Guest

birky, just remember to tell them you need a blade for a 7 1/4" fluted bbl. thats what you have.
  9. Double D

Double D Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

I have one too. I think they are great guns.
  10. Fromthehip

Fromthehip New Member

+1 jaybar replaced the recoil spring in my HS. I wasn't too sure it even needed it since it ran fine and the action never failed to go into battery and the slide seemed plenty "snappy." Yet when jaybar tested it it was below 5lbs, which is *not* good. So, i would consider doing that as preventative maintenance to your gun. Now mine has got a progressive wolfe spring, runs like a champ and I have peace of mind knowing I am not beating the hell out of the frame. ;)

As an aside, some nice photography there. And a very sweet looking pistol, to boot.
    Last edited: Feb 29, 2012
  11. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

High Standard pistols NEED a few things to keep them running and safe from harms way. They have a tendency to crack frames if you don't follow a few simple rules:

1). Only shoot Standard Velocity ammo in these guns. The new mags from TX Hi Std are tuned for CCI Standard Velocity (CCI SV). It is the most accurate least expensive ammo you can buy.

2). Change out the recoil spring when it falls by 10% from its initial fitting. It should be 5.5 lbs when new. If measuring it is a problem then replace it based on an "ammo through the gun" count or just on a regular basis. The spring wears because it rides inside a tight fitting cavity in the slide. Fail to do this and shoot High or Hyper Velocity ammo in the guns and they will crack the frame. The crack is on the top of the frame from the mag well to the machined out area where the slide lock back lever lives on the right side of the frame. A cracked frame gun becomes an instant parts donor.

There is a community of knowledgeable Hi Std owners at:
    http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=49

LDBennett
  12. Fromthehip

Fromthehip New Member

Come to think of it, I believe it was one of your posts over on rimfirecentral warning about the recoil spring issue that convinced me to contact jabar in the first place. My 107 and I thank you, sir! :thumbsup:
  13. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Fromthehip:

I try very hard to keep newbies to Hi Std from being disappointed in their Hi Std. A broken frame is the ultimate disappointment in what is a very expensive gun. I try to catch every person who comes here or to Rimfire Central to warn them. But I was warned by others including jaybar and I really appreciated it at the time. I had owned Hi Std pistols for more than a decade before getting the warnings. jaybar is the man for repairs and maintenance if you can not do it yourself. Fortunately I can but take his advice seriously.

LDBennett
  14. Big Shrek

Big Shrek Active Member

We need to clone Jaybar & LDBennett so we can have repairs for everyone well into the next century ;)

I'm going to teach my twin sons everything I know, so the Southern Folks are covered ;)
    Last edited: Mar 1, 2012
  15. 5screwVA

5screwVA New Member

I have found original factory magazines on *********, be prepared to pay dearly. Try searching pistol parts on ********* for a front sight, you never know what's out there.
    Good luck!
  16. LDBennett

LDBennett Active Member

Big Shrek:

Unfortunately jaybar passed away this last year.

I don't do any gunsmithing for others (liability issues and as a retiree I have lots of other things I like to do instead of run a business, even if very small).

But I do offer advice that gets augmented by John Stimson and others.

Steve S on http://www.rimfirecentral.com is attempting to continue with jaybar's work. You'll find John there too and many others.

By the way there is a very active Hi Std community there.

LDBennett
  17. A square 10

A square 10 New Member

thats a beauty , good luck in your parts search , these are wonderful handguns