High Standard

Discussion in '.22-Rimfire Forum' started by Smokin Guns, Mar 7, 2003.

1. Smokin Guns

Smokin Guns New Member

Cricket67
    (2/18/02 10:49:57 am)
    Reply High Standard
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Does anyone know much about a High Standard Double Nine revolver? It seems to shoot pretty accurately, but I am trying to take it apart to reblue it? I cannot get the cylinder out or the barrel?

warpig883
    *TFF Staff*
    (2/18/02 11:07:40 am)
    Reply Re: High Standard
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Hang in there Cricket67, there should be someone around here that knows how to take one apart.

Welcome to The Firearms Forum
    We can't be so fixated on our desire to preserve the rights of ordinary Americans... -- Bill Clinton, US President (USA Today, 11 Mar 1993, page 2a)

Xracer
    *TFF Senior Staff*
    (2/18/02 4:12:11 pm)
    Welcome Cricket! One of our High Standard experts should be around shortly.

Cricket67
    (2/21/02 6:28:59 pm)
    Still looking for help if anyone has it.
    Thanks

TangoZulu
    (2/26/02 8:24:51 pm)
    Reply Disassembling the cylinder
    I have the 6" barrel version, the Camp Gun. This was the 1st gun I bought, 22 years ago. It's a beauty! Since around 5 years or so that I have it fitted with the Bushnell holosight and I'm very happy with the result. Now then, to disassemble the cylinder: Open the cylinder; There's a thick pin protruding in the center of the back of the cylinder. There's a transversal hole in this pin. Put a straightened clip across the hole to keep it in position. Go to the opposite extreme of the pin, where a rod is coming out of the gun frame and use your fingers to turn it anticlockwise. That's it! Sorry that I cannot provide graphics, but I lost the papers that came with the gun many, I mean many years ago. I hope this might help you.
    TangoZulu signing off.

TangoZulu
    (2/26/02 8:42:26 pm)
    Reply Disassembling the cylinder - Part II
    I forgot to mention: Underneath the pin with a hole there's a spring. There's another one in the opposite extremity of the rod. Remove them gently. You can further disassemble the cylinder assembly by depressing another pin located in the trigger guard, facing the front of the gun. Use a wooden object not to scratch it, like the back of a thin pencil for example, and be careful not to loose the small spring that is going to jump out of there. That's all I know.

Asta la vista

TangoZulu

TangoZulu
    (2/27/02 4:17:51 pm)
    Reply Disassembling the cylinder - Part III
    Only a minor correction to my previous post: I was speaking from memory and I went to check my gun afterwards. The pin meant to be depressed is not located in the trigger guard itself but instead slightly above it. While keeping it pressed you can remove the piece that holds the cylinder in place.

Have fun

TangoZulu

Cricket67
    (2/27/02 5:00:32 pm)
    Reply Re: Disassembling the cylinder - Part III
    Thanks for all of your help.

NOTE: The actual frame is not blued,nor is it parkerized. I understand it to be anodized (painted). The cylinder came all a part quite easily, and everthing works again. But I cannot believe that this pistol was last cleaned about 15 years ago, and since I redid everything including a very good cleaning, it took about 9 rounds to get it firing back to normal. Some guns really like to be fouled to shoot more acurately, including my CZ85.