Historical Quotes

Discussion in 'The Constitutional & RKBA Forum' started by Bruce FLinch, Nov 12, 2008.

1. mrkirker

mrkirker New Member

The chief cause of stress is reality. Lilly Tomlin
  2. Popgunner

Popgunner New Member

One of my old favorites:

In 1785 Thomas Jefferson wrote to his fifteen-year-old nephew, Peter Carr, regarding what he considered the best form of exercise: "...I advise the gun. While this gives a moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise, and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body, and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun, therefore, be the constant companion of your walks."
  3. islenos

islenos New Member

There's no glory like those who save their country.
    Alfred Lord Tennyson

The most brilliant propagandist technique will yield no success unless one fundamental principle is borne in mind constantly - it must confine itself to a few points and repeat them over and over.
    -Joseph Goebbels

Does CHANGE come to mind?

It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the votes decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything.
    -Joseph Stalin

Sell a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man how to fish, you ruin a wonderful business opportunity.
    -Karl Marx

I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend
    -J.R.R. Tolkien

All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.
    Edgar Allan Poe
    Last edited: Mar 17, 2009