History Channel seeking marksmen for new competition show!

Discussion in 'Competition Shooting Forum' started by TopShot, Dec 17, 2009.

1. TopShot

TopShot New Member

If you are skilled with a pistol, rifle or any other firearm, you could win $100,000 in prizes on TV’s first marksmanship competition show. The History Channel and the producers of The Ultimate Fighter are looking for anyone with mind-blowing shooting skills and a big personality to take on exciting physical challenges with multiple guns and mystery projectile weapons.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a professionally trained shooter or a self-taught, average Joe (or Jane!). As long as you’re in good physical shape, have mastered a firearm and can adapt to new weapons and demanding physical situations, you could be America’s first “Top Shot.”

APPLY TODAY!

To apply, email TopShotCasting@gmail.com with your name, city/state, phone number, a recent photo of yourself and a brief explanation of why you should be on the show. Deadline to apply is January 18, 2010. For more information, visit www.pilgrimfilms.tv and click on “CASTING” or call 818-728-3729 TODAY!

* Applicants must be at least 21 years of age, a resident or citizen of the United States and reasonably proficient with shooting and marksmanship
  2. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

The way the History chanel plays so VERY fast and loose with the truth in their shows, I would not advise anyone to put themselves at risk by appearing there. Integrity is worth more than money, after all.

Did anyone notice how they 'exposed' the Tomb of Jesus Christ?
    It was NOT his tomb, of course, which every archaeologist already knew from an investigation done YEARS previously, but they tried to show it as some kind of a NEW FIND.

Did anyone notice how they claimed the movie Hidalgo was false because the Long Riders had told them it never happened. The Long Riders, headed by a Muslim, would of course not have any AGENDA in refusing to admit that a mustang beat the Arab steeds - -

Did anyone notice how they 'explained' the plagues of Egypt as outlined in Exodus as completely natural phenomenon, using the most outlandish junk science anyone could imagine?

Avoid them, folks, for your own good!
    Last edited: Dec 26, 2009
  3. Lotsdragon

Lotsdragon New Member

really love the history channel but I gotta admit sometimes they have fuzzy logic when promoting some of their show...............
  4. ampaterry

ampaterry *TFF Admin Staff Chaplain* Staff Member Supporting Member

I understand, lotsdragon -
    My son is virtually ADICTED to the History channel. I have shown him, with documentation, how they show things that are completely in error, and it makes no difference. But he does admit, now, that at least SOME of the things they show are false.
  5. Nolaphoto1

Nolaphoto1 New Member

Is it just me, or has the History Channel become "Dooms Day Channel?" Every show seems to be about all of the ways the world is going to come to an end.
  6. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Haven't watched it in a while,but you might be right. Only thing I liked watching on there was "Mail Call".
  7. Big ugly

Big ugly New Member

Yeah I was thinkin about that too. Nope I dont think another reality competition is all that good of a n idea. Now if it was discovery and Mike Rowe I'd be all over like stink on a skunks @$$.
  8. carver

carver Moderator

DAV, Deep in the Pineywoods of East Texas, just we
    I'm another one that is cautious about what I watch on the History Chanel. These nuts are all about re-writing history their way!