1. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

I was wondering what an unfired HK 91 would be worth?
    Last edited: Apr 22, 2013
  2. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

With the retractible stock this model is called the 91 A-3, and the Blue Book values it at $3100 if new in the box. Without the box, value drops to about $2900.
  3. 3/2 STA SS

3/2 STA SS Active Member

A real HK...about $3000
    Nice weapon.
  4. jjmitchell60

jjmitchell60 Active Member

Raised in Buzzard Roost near Frog Town in hillls o
    That gun will bring a good $3000 to $3500 IF not more. I have a 91 and a PSG-1 sniper system as well. Great guns, the gun that many say other military guns strive to compete against, have a huge following in the shooter sector of gun owners, are hard to find in that condition, and over all just a great example of German craftmanship IMHO. You can buy the fixed stock for it really reasonable to be able to switch back and forth (by reasonable I say under $200).

By cjhance are you buying or selling? IF selling I know of some here that would be very interested in trying to buy it. They have tried to buy mine every time we go shoot.
  5. hstout1143

hstout1143 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the info. JJ, I'm neither buying nor selling, its my fathers and he wanted to know what its worth. We may actually take it out and shoot it. I'll let him know about the stock, neither one of us likes the way we have to bend or head over to look down the sights, not really comfortable.
  6. wonderwhippet

wonderwhippet Active Member

The HK 91 and 93 are beautifully made guns. However, having owned both of them I can say that by today's standards they are too heavy and overbuilt. Even though they are 100% reliable, they mangle the brass terribly, making them useless for reloading. Today's assault rifles are a much better choice, and far cheaper.