HK P2000 Does anyone have one?????

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by armedandready, Dec 2, 2004.

1. armedandready

armedandready New Member

My friend is trying to sell me on the HK P2000 I have heard great things about HK firearms I just wanted to get everyones feedback on this particular model. Does anyone have pics of it? Does anyone own one? How much should I expect to pay for one new or used? Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks in advance. This is only my second post and you guys have been awsome in helping me so far.
  2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Here's the H&K Website page on it:

P2000 (US)

I'm sure that some of the others that know more than I will be along soon.
  3. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

I really like HK's handguns. I just don't see the P2K being worth the extra money over the USP compact. The differences just aren't worth it to me anyways. It is a nice model. I'm picking up the P2000sk in 9mm after the first of the yr. Maybe a P7 as well.
  4. armedandready

armedandready New Member

So the usp compact is a little cheaper?? Price is an issue but I definitely want a HK. How much do these usually run new and used?
  5. Smoky14

Smoky14 Member

Let me start by saying HK is a good gun like a BMW is a good car. The problem is that I never feel like I own them; the company just lets me use them and short of oil change/routine cleaning they feel they own the product. If something breaks on an HK you can't get a part from the factory. I have broken a firing pin on my compact and they want me to send the gun back to them for replacement. I costs more to ship it than the cost of a firing pin. This to me does not make sense but that's the HK goes about things. AND they don't warrantee it except to the origional owner.

If you know what you are getting into up front, you then make a decision to put up with their games or not.

I sold the BMW and found a source for HK parts.

Smoky w/02cents
  6. jerryd

jerryd Member

My son has one and loves it! H e has over 3300 rds thru it with no problems. I have shot it but cant get used to the trigger, as im a 1911 freak, has the changeable backstraps to fit your hand, and is really accurate at least in his hands! By the way his is 9mm. :)
  7. BlkHawk73

BlkHawk73 New Member

Since the P2k is a newer model w/ "enhancements" it'll command a higher price. Take a look at some of the on-line auction/sales sites to get a rough idea bout the price differences.
    With the P2k being so new, it'll not likely be showing up on used shelves quite yet.

Check at these sites...

www.Gunbroker.com
    www.auctionarms.com
    www.gunsamerica.com
  8. kkramer673

kkramer673 New Member

I've had a P2000 with the LEM trigger since last July, when I bought it LNIB for $725. It's a very nicely made weapon and very accurate. At the same time, H&Ks are very expensive, and Heckler & Koch isn't regarded as a company that puts a lot of emphasis on customer service and support for its non-military customers.

Honestly, I have a Walther P99 in 9mm, the same caliber as the P2000. I would have to say I like it as well, or better, than my P2000 and it sells for $200+ less. The P99 is a fabulous weapon and a very good value. If I had to choose between owning either the P2000 or the P99, I'd go with the Walther. The aesthetics are (to me) the equal of the H&K and it's every bit as reliable.
  9. armedandready

armedandready New Member

Its funny that you would post that :D . I decided not to go with the HK because I went to the gunshop and saw a Springfield XD but then on my way out the door out the corner of my eye I saw a Walther P99. As soon as I picked the gun up it was the most comfortable gun that I have ever had in my hand. I thought that my mind was made up on the XD but now all depending on what I can get a P99 for I may go with one. XD or P99 whatever I can get cheaper will be my daily carry.