HK USP 9MM OR SPRINGFIELD ARMS XD9801

Discussion in 'Self Defense Tactics & Weapons' started by armedandready, Dec 21, 2004.

1. armedandready

armedandready New Member

Well I finally narrowed my choices down to 2 guns. Im looking at the HK USP 9mm and the Springfield Arms XD9801 9mm. Does anyone have any experience with either of these guns. It will be my primary carry pistol and I may use it at the range maybe 3 times a month.
  2. IShootBack

IShootBack Active Member

If you are going to use it as a carry firearm, you better plan on more than three trips a month to the range for practice.

As far as making a choice for a carry sidearm, I would not choose either as they are both to large and heavy for me personally.

The XD is square and prints easily making concealment difficult and somewhat impossible for some people with slender body types. For those with heavier body types, it's square edges make it visible.

Lots of my shooting buddies carry the HK and love them.

Good Luck.
  3. Neil

Neil New Member

Good luck with the XD. I'm sure they're great guns, just dont' shoot'em dirty.
    Little bit of residue makes them unreliable. had one jam every other shot or so.
  4. pickenup

pickenup Active Member

Just personal taste. I would take the HK over the Springfield.