HK4 .22 kit

Discussion in 'The Ask the Pros & What's It Worth? Forum' started by tonelar, Mar 17, 2006.

1. tonelar

tonelar New Member

What's it worth? It comes with the original box (old and worn but still serviceable), one .22 mag a barrel and spring (really clean, can't see any evidence that it's been fired) and the screwdriver.

No sign of a dedicated .22LR extractor (I've heard that these came with the kits, but don't see one anywhere).

Thanks,
    tony
  2. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

Hi Tony.....welcome to TFF. :)

Is this the .380ACP with the .22 conversion or just a straight HK4 in .22 LR?

Also what's it's condition (approximate % of finish)?
  3. tonelar

tonelar New Member

Hi,

Thanks for the welcome... this is for a boxed kit only. I just was looking around and don't see them offered currently.

Maybe the HK4 doesn't really have a following, you know?

lemme know,
    tony
  4. Xracer

Xracer *TFF Admin Staff Mediator*

OK Tony.....here's what the Blue Book says:

HK4....380ACP with .22 LR conversion:

100% - $480
    98% - $385
    95% - $350
    90% - $325
    80% - $310

Discontinued in 1984.
  5. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

It still sounds like he's talking about the conversion kit only. Just the add-on parts to convert from original caliber to .22.

Pops
  6. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Pops is right. He has it for sale in the B/S/T forum. No mention of the missing extractor though! So, if you sell it and the buyer expects the whole thing, beware!!!!!!!!!!!
  7. tonelar

tonelar New Member

Thanks for the Blue Book quote XRacer.
    Pops and Inplanotx are correct I was just looking for a value for the kit (incomplete) alone...

Does the original HK box have any real value? It's just cardboard, I've seen a couple of the HR (like the commemorative sets) kits where the boxes are wood and velvet lined... those look really nice.

I got an offer for just the screwdriver (@$25) so maybe I should take it and lower the kit price by the same amount?

Thanks for your input, guys. I only now noticed that my ad didn't mention the missing extractor... anyone here know a source for HK4 parts like these?

tony

also
    Last edited: Mar 20, 2006
  8. stash247

stash247 New Member

As I recall, and, bear with me, as I'm old, the HK-4 was so named because of the four caliber (.380/9 Kurz, .32acp,.25acp, .22LR) capability.
    There were a bunch of German kits, with only .32/ .22 barrels, , slides, recoil springs, extractors, ejectors, and mags, as German Police surplus, in the 1080-1983 area; sold for around $170,US. 1 Pistol, 2 calibers, no frills, and surplus.
    The 'real deal' was the four caliber kit, for about $430, US, at the time.
    Today, the .25acp conversion units are the scarcest, as they were the least produced.
    In all cases, as I recall, a different Mag, slide, recoil spring, extractor, and ejector, were provided, for each caliber.
    While I won't vote on the relative desirability of individual calibers, the production numbers speak to price; all require ALL the parts I have mentioned, to be functional, as a pistol, and all conversion units should have one, each, of all the parts I listed.
    Hope this helps.
  9. tonelar

tonelar New Member

Thanks Terry... I haven't come across a difference in ejectors nor slides between the different models. I've bought a pair of kits recently (one for the .32 and the other for .22LR) and one came with just the barrel and spring while the rimfire came with the barrel, spring and magazine.

Wish I knew a source for these extractors...

To give you an idea of what the 4 caliber set is going for, I've seen them in GA as well as HK sites being offered for between $900+. One (which is a commemorative) set was listed at over $1K.
    Last edited: Mar 24, 2006