Hodgdon Buys Out IMR

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by cointoss2, Oct 19, 2003.

1. cointoss2

cointoss2 Guest

Hogdon Buys Out IMR

This could be tough on some of us reloaders who often use IMR if they ever drop the IMR line of powders at Hodgdon.

SHAWNEE MISSION, KS. - Hodgdon Powder Company announces the asset purchase of IMR Powder Company Inc.

IMR has been the mainstay of numerous handloaders for many years. The IMR brand product names remain and are now supplied by Hodgdon. “IMR is manufactured in the same plant with exacting performance criteria and quality assurance standards that Hodgdon users have come to expect,” said Tom Shepherd, President of Hodgdon.

Hodgdon has no plans to consolidate the lines from either company. We feel that they both have unique (excuse the wording) features and advantages. We will continue to supply the IMR products unchanged from their current manufacturing plant. We look forward to doing more aggressive marketing and updating some of the IMR data etc. We hope that you will continue to use our products and appreciate the business that you have given us in the past.
  2. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

I use a lot of IMR4350. I have found enough difference between IMR and H4350 that I have stayed with the IMR. I'd hate to have to re-work the loads I've used since 1948.

Pops
  3. misiu

misiu New Member

Boy am I with you on this one armedandsafe!!! I have been using IMR powder for over 40 years with great succes. I have also used Hodgdon powders which while good are not as clean burning as IMR in my experience. Also IMR 4350 gives we better velocity and accuracy in my 338 Win Mag than H4350. My biggest concern though is that they keep IMR7828 which is one of the best slow burning powders on the market.

I guess we will just have to wait and see-eh??:confused: :confused:

Best regards:
  4. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Actually, that was a little tongue-in-cheek, as I do work up loads every lot change. Just not as extensively as I would if I were to change brands.

I still have to work up loads for the Turk. I'm not real happy with the 180gr Nosler. I'd like something in the 150-170 range, I think. Just haven't found one to my liking, yet. I've been spoiled by the performance of the 180gr Sierra GameKing in the -06, with its boat tail.

Pops
  5. WyomingSwede

WyomingSwede Guest

I like both...should be a good match...

swede
  6. marsh

marsh New Member

Wal, this problem can be taken care of if everbody shoots The Holy Black!

Smok-ee-less is a dying fad!!:D