Hodgdon Xperimental Packs

Discussion in 'The Ammo & Reloading Forum' started by inplanotx, Mar 10, 2004.

1. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Seems Hodgdon is helping handloaders find the powder that is just right for your gun. They are introducing their Xperimental Pack which will contain 4 packs of powder each weighing 4 ounces. This for the price of one pound of powder. Now you don't have to buy 4 pounds or whatever to experiment with your load. Supposed to be out this Spring! There will be three packs starting out.

Magnum Rifle
    Hunter Rifle
    Light Varmit.

Sounds good to me! What y'all think?

Attached Files:

2. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Hodgdon has a great idea introducing their Xperimental Pack, especially for those who are beginning to hand load.

BTW, I have had problems finding the powders locally that I wanted to start with after reading the books, as one always should. I am so sick of reading but wonder if I've read enough about the subject to be ready for some heavy-duty loading?????

The general climate created by the trial lawyers in the community have had a very adverse effect, especially in the central or northern part of Alabama. The owners of the two top sporting goodsk/gun shops in Birmingham both told me upon my expressing shock at not seeing any hand loading supplies that they stopped carrying these items, especially primers and powders, several years ago to avoid putting their business at risk from frivilous lawsuits. It was a shocker to me since I thought I could merely go to the best and get anything I needed. The local outfit in Jasper, also a fine gun store, had a very limited or poor supply of powders but did carry adequate hardware. At least they would order for you whatever one needed.

This is another area affected by the current PC crowd, along with the total .....(censored thoughts)..... surronding the trial lawyers shenanigans!!!!

Lest one think I'm narrow minded, etc., I have said before that I was a member of the ATLA for over 30 years. They do have the finest Continuing Education courses that any attorney could avail himself of!!!!
  3. tuckerd1

tuckerd1 Well-Known Member

Marlin,

You've done moved to Ms, but a great ammo and reloading company was just up the road from Jasper in Moulton, Al. Alabama Shooter Supply selling all types reloading and shooters supplies, Factory and custom ammunition. I've bought from them at gunshows before. Never been to their store, but it looks good on their website Alabama Shooter Supply
  4. Marlin

Marlin *TFF Admin Staff Chief Counselor*

Great information and thanks, Tuck.

I was talking about Mark's in Birmingham in particular. The Sportman's Centre in Jasper/Montgomery is the one with few powder/primer supplies but they were great on hardware. I was disgusted with the folks in Birmingham, though.

Next time SoMo and I are over that way for a few days, we'll try to look in on the Alabama Shooting Supply. That will probably be about the first week of May when our grandson is due and I have an appointment with the Transplant Team at UAB.
  5. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Well, if it's reloading supplies ya need here is where to look. If they don't have it it ain't been made!

Grafs & Sons
  6. tuckerd1

They got a lot of stuff. But, watch their prices, some are higher than retail.

Example: Dillon 550B w/o caliber conversion - 299.95 + caliber conv. - 36.95 = 336.90

Buy direct from Dillon for 329.95
  7. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Tuck wrote:
    Common Tuck. Y'all's splittin hairs here! Buy direct from manufacturer and save $6.95. So Grafs profit is $6.95 more than Dillon, go figure, they had to pay the freight to get it to them.

:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Here I thought I started this thread asking peoples opinion on Hodgdon's giving us reloaders a chance to try experimenting with different powders by offering multipacks of powder! Go figure!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2004
  8. armedandsafe

armedandsafe Guest

Cmon, IPT. You've been around this place long enough to know thread drift is our trademark. :D

Pops
  9. glocknut

glocknut New Member

"Thread Drift"......

hehehe

mike
  10. tuckerd1

Thread drift! Call it hijacking!:D :D

IPT, I'm just a cheap SOB. I can buy that 550B new for 259.95 from Ebay dealer. (Of course he must have one available). I would rather deal direct with Dillon than pay more than retail. Principle I guess. I don't owe Graf & Son's anything.

If I want to buy something overpriced, buy it from a local dealer and keep em in business.
  11. ACC

ACC New Member

tuckerd1

I sell my product direct,however,I have a very good vendor base
    and I WILL NEVER sell my product at a lower price than my vendors do.That's were Dillon screws up with their vendor base.
    I just think it's unethical for them to sell their product at a lower price then their vendors.Just my 2 cents worth.....
  12. tuckerd1

C&R,

I see what you are saying. But, to my understanding that is the MSRP posted on their website. The vendors buy wholesale and mark it up as high as they want. If they mark it higher than MSRP, then tough luck for them. I'll go somewhere else. Dillon ain't at fault here, it is the reseller.
  13. Gunguy

Gunguy Guest

Heh heh, if I can get around these thread HJs, I'd like to ask Rick if those Hodgdon 4 oz. sample packs come in revolver and pistol powders too.

Sounds like something I suggested awhile back but can't remember where or when.

Jim
  14. inplanotx

inplanotx New Member

Jim, for now, what I posted is all they are starting with. I would think that they will do the same for the pistol powders. Only makes sense!