Hogs Stepping Away fron the Trough

Discussion in 'The Fire For Effect and Totally Politically Incorr' started by Terry_P, Jan 6, 2010.

1. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Dodd and Dorgan are stepping down from the senate and Ritter from Governor of CO. Also heard Gov of Michigan isn't running. Guess their tea leaves weren't looking so good. Now lets make sure we get conservatives and not pseudo-conservatives elected.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...d%3A foxnews%2Fpolitics %28Text - Politics%29

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/05/north-dakota-sen-byron-dorgan-running-election/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/01/05/colorado-gov-ritter-seek-election-sources-say/
  2. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

They're not the only Democrats that won't seek reelection. I guess they're smart enough to realize that running for reelection would be a waste of time and money at this point.
  3. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

Oh ya it has just begun. Tea anyone?
  4. obxned

obxned New Member

There will be new Obamoids running in their places, who will promise that they are 'different' than the crooks and traitors they are replacing. The 'hope and change' fools will probably vote for them. Saving the republic is not going to be easy, and might not be possible with ballots.
  5. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Good point. The old Dems will bow out and new Dems will run to replace them, and it will be the same commiefest yet again.

It reminds me of the episode of "Futurama" where Fry, Bender, and Leela are watching the presidential debate. The two candidates are actually a pair of clones named Jack Johnson and John Jackson who say the same thing in different ways.
  6. Slabsides

Slabsides Member

Most dems know that they are screwed. They have been compared to bank robbers who are surounded. They have passed the point of no return and have nothing to lose, so why not finish robbing the bank? That is why they are going ahead with the further destruction of our country by doing such wreckless acts as ramming health care BS through despite mass opposition.

I think that they are adopting a "scorched Earth" policy. "If I can't have it, nobody can", so they are going to destroy all that they can before the hammer falls.

Some dems have blatantly said that they are not going to seek re-election or get re-elected, so they are pushing as hard as they can (against most Americans wishes) to pass the health care destruction bill.
    Last edited: Jan 6, 2010
  7. jestor

jestor New Member

The reason they are not gonna run again is that they have a lot of money left in their campaine chest and don't want to waste it when they know that they will lose anyway.
  8. Gun Geezer

Gun Geezer Well-Known Member

I think we all are reading too much into this. The sheeple have been voting Dem. for so long they'll elect any liberal do-gooder who promises a free meal. The ones bailing out are probably getting out while the getting is good or before they get indicted for having their hand in the cookie jar. I still don't think there are enough Rep's., Ind's., or swing voters to overpower the increasing numbers of congenital welfarer's, minorities, illegals and liberals who drink the free Kool-aid. Until and as long as we don't hold our elected officials accountable for their blatant acts of malfeasance, impose term limits and put them on the same retirement and health-care system as the rest of us, they will continue to treat us as ignorant peons with deep pockets.
  9. zkovach

zkovach Active Member

Im from michigan and granholm cant run because of term limits. Thank you jesus!!!!
  10. Eddie N

Eddie N New Member

Hate to scare you, but, we had term limits here, too, until somebody got the law changed. I guess we still do, but instead of two, it's now three.
  11. Trouble 45-70

Trouble 45-70 New Member

Rats leaving a sinking ship.

There replacements will tow the line too. Must not vote Dem. for many years. I just hope there GOP replacements aren't bought and paid for.

Wonder what rewards will be given to those who betrayed their country now that they have to step down. There is still nearly a Trillion in unspent funds floating around waiting for the next election.

Stay tuned for more outrages.
  12. mncarpenter

mncarpenter New Member

Limbaugh was saying yesterday, the rumor is that Dodd is looking at replacing Geitner as Treasury Sec.-stepping up to the trough!!:eek:
  13. Terry_P

Terry_P New Member

I didn't hear Rush but that is interesting as Geitner is in trouble. They are digging up things like illegal advice he gave AIG when he was in the NY Fed. Hey it's ok, he's Turbo-Timmy the tax pro.

Firing him gives Obama another year of cover on the lousy economy.
    Last edited: Jan 8, 2010
  14. bcj1755

bcj1755 New Member

Oh joy. I'm getting a tingle running up my leg just thinking about Dodd as Treasury Secretary:rolleyes:

He won't need another year of cover because he'll just keep on blaming Bush.
  15. topper

topper New Member

Those politicians from congress ain't got any worries. They will get FULL congressional salary the rest of there lives and the perks also. They ought to be made to be under the same healthcare and rules that the american people are.