Hogue wood grips for Ruger GP100

Discussion in 'Centerfire Pistols & Revolvers' started by Rogervzv, Feb 26, 2011.

1. Rogervzv

Rogervzv New Member

Last Tuesday I bought a new Ruger GP100 357 revolver. Beautiful gun. Here in the People's Republic of California there is, of course, a 10 day waiting period to pick up the gun. So next Saturday is the day.

Question is this. I am not crazy about the stock rubber grips, either for feel or looks. I was looking at the Hogue rosewood wood grips with the finger grooves. Do these go on cleanly? Any comments about this?
  2. JLA

JLA Well-Known Member

Yes!!! I love Hogues fine wood grips. i bought a set of tulipwood grips for my S&W DCM .357 mag. they went on clean and looked like they were made for MY gun. I love the tulipwood grain and color, shoulda got checkering though, they are a bit slick but still more than manageable

Attached Files:

3. Rogervzv

Rogervzv New Member

Gorgeous! I'll compare the tulipwood and the rosewood. I personally have never been wild for checkering, although it is OK.
  4. jimjc

jimjc Former Guest

If you intend to shoot 357`s a lot....you are far better off not getting checkering on the grips. Checkering tends to tear up your hands ...smooth grips are far better...Jim
  5. Rogervzv

Rogervzv New Member

Took your advice and ordered a smooth set of the rosewood grips today. Can't wait to get them and the revolver! Then off to the range!
  6. Zane71464

Zane71464 Well-Known Member

I got the rosewood grips for my S&W .357 DCM and IMO, made a world of difference in my shooting...and like JLA said amd a I agree, I wished I would have gotten the checkerd. Mine are slick in the hand! But I do like them, world of difference! (ive got to get some new mini-disc's for my camera):eek:

Attached Files: